Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is just bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrRicco

09-22-2011

So I entered my first game of Dominion a few hrs ago. I entered as Rammus, with no knowledge of the new map.

Quit simply, the game is to easy. My team got owned, we got down to 125, while the other team was still at 450. We came back though to win it in the end. The whole thing I got from the game is you just run in and kill ****. People just would run in constantly, with no tactics by theirselfs and just try to kill. The fast leveling, and constant fast cash just seems to OP. It was to much to fast, few mins into game it was like **** im already this level with this much cash. In the end each player would just randomly roam around. To me their is just no reason to have any tactics, when you can just buy items, and get abilities real quick. I felt like a team of tards vs a team of pros could win easily in this game, its just to easy.

Dingus Khan

09-22-2011

Your grammar is worse.

Durakk

09-22-2011

I think this will change extensively once people are more familiar with the game type. I've been in a mix of games with with less skilled players and more skilled players. I've won every game I've been save for 2, and those two games consisted of what you've described: my teammates running erratically around while the other team played as a unit.

I also played won a game with two players who had not even read about Dominion, let alone play it, but they were in vent with me and followed direction and we overcame a massive deficit. I like this, a lot. You're not "guaranteed" a win until the game is over.

MrRicco

09-22-2011

Quote:
Durakk:
I think this will change extensively once people are more familiar with the game type. I've been in a mix of games with with less skilled players and more skilled players. I've won every game I've been save for 2, and those two games consisted of what you've described: my teammates running erratically around while the other team played as a unit.

I also played won a game with two players who had not even read about Dominion, let alone play it, but they were in vent with me and followed direction and we overcame a massive deficit. I like this, a lot. You're not "guaranteed" a win until the game is over.

I guess my main concern is it's just to fast and easy. I've played a lot of online games, and i hate it when they dumb it down. To me Dominion is dumbed down, you level to quickly and can get items to quickly, just to easy. Sure its great if you want to get a quick game in before sometime.

BlastTyrant

09-22-2011

Quote:
Dingus Khan:
Your grammar is worse.

Grammer nazi troll's are the worst kinda of troll.

Durakk

09-22-2011

Quote:
MrRicco:
I guess my main concern is it's just to fast and easy. I've played a lot of online games, and i hate it when they dumb it down. To me Dominion is dumbed down, you level to quickly and can get items to quickly, just to easy. Sure its great if you want to get a quick game in before sometime.

Well, as a full time student and small business owner, I for one really appreciate a quicker game type. That being said, I love the fast paced action for what it is, not just because it makes for a quicker game. I think you're under-thinking the game type a bit. Give it some more plays (que willing, of course) and I think you'll enjoy it more with friends and when tactically playing.

Grunghole

09-22-2011

Quote:
MrRicco:
To me Dominion is dumbed down, you level to quickly and can get items to quickly, just to easy.

You know the enemy gets faster levels and items, too, right?

Some of us like that the game isn't decided by a handful of lucky kills early in the game, or that you can single-handedly bring the team back from defeat by an intelligent decision or a quick side-cap.

Don't act like your opinions are the only good opinions. You don't like Dominion, cool. Don't act like everybody who does is an idiot.

DOKinetix

09-22-2011

I entered as Rammus, with no knowledge of the new map.

Quit simply, the game is to easy. My team got owned

stopped reading; you did something wrong.

Xariann

09-22-2011

Quote:
Durakk:
Well, as a full time student and small business owner, I for one really appreciate a quicker game type. That being said, I love the fast paced action for what it is, not just because it makes for a quicker game. I think you're under-thinking the game type a bit. Give it some more plays (que willing, of course) and I think you'll enjoy it more with friends and when tactically playing.

^ That. I often feel Summoner Rift drags for too long. I like the fast-paced. And I don't mind that they are shorter.

In terms of people being random, I don't know, you see bad people in Summoner Rift too. It works best if you queue as a group. That's the same just about anywhere.

BunnyMilk

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Quote:
MrRicco:
People just would run in constantly, with no tactics by theirselfs and just try to kill.

thats is exactly why ur team lost, its about distracting the enemies and taking the capture points and defending and holding those points.