Thank you Riot!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DTRawDog

09-22-2011

You guys, are awesome, you just created a game that takes a lot of thought to play, a lot of concentration and lots of split-second decisions thet can change the couse of the entire game. It is really incredible and I like it very much. The gameplay design is amazing, and the map animation and how it looks and feels alive. It was an amazing feeling through all the games I've played, even if I lost, I loved it.

However, I think you also created a little BIG problem with the new game mode. It is a lot shorter now. 20 minutes, (while it was 30 - 60 minutes in summoners rift). This creates a problem because there are some champions that are veeeery item dependant and they need more time to get built and be competitive or viable in a game. Twenty minutes is not enough. Yes, you increased the gold per 5 and added the automatic experience gain system. But still it sorta makes you feel that there is something that is not running smoothly. Another problem (and I think that this is the most severe one) is that since the fights are no longer 5 v 5 or 4 v 4, but 3 v 3 and 2 v 2(sometimes 1 v 1), some champions feel a strong absence of the team support. These makes squishy champions less viable, and some beefy and fighter champions more viable.

There are champions like Warwick, Olaf, Sion, Poppy, Rammus, Singed, Blitscrank, Nocturne, Renekton, Nasus, JAAAAAAAX!!!, that in summoners rift, required the whole team to take them down. Now it's even easier for them because they can take anyone down 1 v 2 or 1 v 3. Some squishy champions like Ashe, Teemo, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Fiddlesticks, Gangplank, Teemo, Evelyn etc feel too vulnerable to the first group of champions I mentioned. However, there are some exceptions like Kayle, Katarina, Kennen, etc.

The gameplay is awesome, and every aspect of the game mode has been done beautifully, however, some champions do not feel like they can put up with the independance required for this new map. Maybe making them a little bit more beefy and independant from the rest of the team can make them have the vitality that they need for this type of gameplay.

Thanks again Riot, I hope that this was useful for you guys and that this comment will halp you develop a better and more exciting game.