Leavers In Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiro Vitality

09-22-2011

Though our time playing Dominion is short, one thing has stuck out prominently. Where as having a player leave or go afk in Summoners Rift is obviously devastating to the team, it doesn't ultimately mean the loss of your game, or even loss of fun factor, even if you begin to lose just a little. Due to turret strength in Summoners Rift, a 4v5 in turret range can still mean victory for the smaller team.

However, in every case I've seen so far, whether I am playing or someone else, a leaver in Dominion instantly changes favor to the larger team. The lack of point control and defensive coverage puts the smaller team at an immediate disadvantage as well as makes the game insanely less fun to play. Because everyone seems to achieve similar amounts of gold and experience in Dominion, worrying about a fed team is not a problem, however, worrying about a team with 5 players compared to your 4, and you get steam rolled.

Being on the larger team, you will notice it being little to no trouble to five-cap the opposing team when they are a player behind. This is one of the very few problems I've seen so far with Dominion, but it is a MAJOR problem due to the fact that you feel like you've just wasted 10 minutes of your life with no chance of winning, watching as you attempt to regain your ground, but fail due to the enemies map control vs yours.

Fuskamo

09-22-2011

This is troubling news.. I will occasionally disconnect during a game to my extreme frustration (I always come back, don't worry), but in the most extreme cases, it can take up to two minutes to reconnect, which could spell an immediate loss for my team. =/

Hiro Vitality

09-22-2011

This is very true in the case of Dominion since games are so short. Two minutes out of the game is HUGE when a game lasts an average of 10~15 minutes. I hope Riot works on some fixes for this situation. Perhaps an extra buff when you have less players that increases movement speed and reduces death time or something so map control is not all lost with one less player.