Mages and Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peek à Boo

09-22-2011

Is it just me or do they seem a bit useless in Dominion?

I mean, there's Vladimir... but he's kind of a tanky mage. Can't say he counts.

And then there's LeBlanc who is really pass or fail when it comes to PvP.

On the whole, though, mages are definitely slower movement speed than many other archetypes, and supports just don't seem relevant. The game-play is too fast-paced and the enemy champions are really too powerful early on for healing and buffs to find a place, honestly.

The champions that seem best-suited for this game are tanky dps, mobility, and map-jumpers, with support tanks really left up to question.

I really hope the beta can improve the game play - it is a really great idea and I still enjoy playing it ^^b

Kamai

09-22-2011

I've been playing mainly Sona, Taric, and Karma so far, and they seem to have a solid place. In Sona's and Karma's place, getting slower people across the map faster has proven to be a useful tool, Sona's proven herself pretty decent at sieging points, and Karma can do some scary 1v1 as well as flip larger battles. Taric's actually tough to tear off a point, especially if one's rushing in with the dreaded Yi or Trynd. I haven't had the inclination to try Soraka or Janna yet.

Peek à Boo

09-22-2011

Yes - many of the speed-buffs are particularly useful, especially for this map; I've even found that Janna's passive is an invaluable asset to any team formation.

Many of the slower supports and mages are really suffering, though. Soraka, Swain, Ryze, Malzahar, and even Vladimir, as powerful as he is, can't reach their destinations in time. Cho'gath is nearly useless, in my opinion, and Nunu, despite his Blood Boil's utility, has a hard time de-buffing when speed buffs are so prevalent.

Omniance

09-22-2011

Swain stomps people in Dominion. He's amazing at capturing nodes, defending nodes, and the Crystal Scare buff gives him incredible sustain in the small skirmishes all over the map.