Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why I dislike Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beatnation

09-22-2011

Quote:
Poxrox:
Too easy to snowball. Everyone plays Hyper-Assassins. Getting anywhere is hard if you have a rough start.

Arecanderu

09-22-2011

actually, with the right coordination or if the oponent makes some mistakes it is posible to turn the game and win even with a bad start.

Bleedndreamz

09-22-2011

Dominion normals may be hard to deal with. But honestly...

Assassins get countered hard by heavy mobility(Ex: Rammus, TF, Pantheon, Shen).

Hyper Mobility is countered rather easily by 4 good team fighters(for the top 2 towers) and an AP carry like Anivia, Karthus, or Morgana turtling at bottom just pushing.

The single AP bot gets countered rather easily by multiple assassins... slightly... With Karthus, its rather obnoxious.(EX Kassadin, Leblanc, or whatever.)

Rebonack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Poxrox:
Too easy to snowball. Everyone plays Hyper-Assassins. Getting anywhere is hard if you have a rough start.

It's nearly impossible to snowball in Dominion.

Aside from the minor amount of gold and XP you get from champ kills there's virtually no mechanics in this mode that promote snowballing.

Contrast this to Summoner's Rift were a few early game deaths or getting pushed back to your base can completely decide the game ten minutes in.

Akesgeroth

09-22-2011

"Hyper-assassins", lol. That doesn't even mean anything.

Just play Garen, go metagolem, enjoy crushing your enemies beneath your heel.

EDIT: I do agree that mages need help though. They're ridiculously bad compared to other characters.

Algol1

09-22-2011

"Rammus cap top!"
Rammus: "ok"

Best Zed

09-22-2011

Quote:
xXKittkattXx:
I downvoted because I haven't played a single game that hasn't been close. The other team can be crushing us, but we always come back to make it a close game.

True. Kills doesn't give that much gold. Though it DOES make a difference, it's just not as bad as fighting against a 12/1/10 Akali in SR.

psymunn

09-22-2011

i'm loving morg. she's always been a champ that never gave 3 f-s about what the opponents. just great for defending bot solo early against 2 or 3 champs. and, if the other team leaves only one back, black shielding your kitable deeps (udyr) means an easy kill.