Why I dislike Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

obviously the bruisers and assassins are popular right now

they are pretty derpmode

TekkamanSlade

09-22-2011

Having more than one assassin on your team is pretty bad in dominion, they can't defend and can't tank a turret while having to fend off an enemy.

Soiyeruda

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastain View Post
Having more than one assassin on your team is pretty bad in dominion, they can't defend and can't tank a turret while having to fend off an enemy.
In most cases, Dominion battles will be 1v1 and 2v2, because of the capture mode nature of the game. Assassins are 1v1 orientated and most tend to have some form of mobility/escape. On a map as small as Crystal Scar, they're incredibly efficient and will usually dominate most battles.

Wise Squirrel

09-22-2011

Disconnect for 4 minutes due to crappy client, go from 500 = 500 to 400 > 200 in enemy favor.

Dc in dominion = Loser

Otherwise it is pretty fun.

luukkaah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

nunu just tank and slow... and push capture as much as possible = win

WindScorpion

09-22-2011

I haven't really had a game snowball yet. Almost all of my games end up nearly even.

sneekymoose

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HngryHngryHobo View Post
I find snowballing actually a lot harder in dominion because kills are worth a whole lot less gold and the global gold gains so **** fast, I notice no matter how well or poorly a do with a 20 minute game I usually have the same item combo because kills just don't matter as much in dominion.
This, the focus is capture defend, not kills/deaths.

Artiell

09-22-2011

Things that have high burst are the most used I see now purely because you can nuke their team over and over. Whereas slow build up champions / pushers / tanks are in less demand (other than Rammus!) solely because they don't offer high burst and ganking potential.

So anything that wasn't that good until 20 minutes is now useless, and the reverse is OP.

Mapekz

09-22-2011

Map mobility is just too important in this game mode, so people with stealths, tumbles, flashes, blinks, and movement speed boosts on a low cooldown are king. This list includes Twitch, Vayne, Udyr, etc. Traditional tank characters and most supports are undesired in this game mode because the focus is not on team fights at all. The gameplay mode requires a totally different set of skills to play, and in turn that invalidates entire champion archetypes.

One that is bothering me is the pusher archetype (Alistair, Yorick, Mordekaiser, etc). With the exception of Heimerdinger (who can use his turrets to defend a single point somewhat well), the rest of these champions have no place in this game mode. Point captures aren't linear so pushing a creep wave to some destination doesn't make any sense. You can't redirect an army of creeps to overwhelm an entire lane and there are so many easily accessed passageways to reduce their numbers from behind anyway.

The entire pusher archetype is useless in this game mode currently, but I feel minions charging ahead should be a very real threat that is insanely difficult to manage if left unchecked (which in turn takes a lot of focus away from 5 man teams full of carries/assassins). We need some of the lane game from Summoner's Rift in here because a lot of champions are built around that.

xXKittkattXx

09-22-2011

I downvoted because I haven't played a single game that hasn't been close. The other team can be crushing us, but we always come back to make it a close game.