Winning team is invincible to point loss

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MehtaMezhan

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Right, you want to be able to squeeze out a win. It also means that games effectively 'end' before they end if this is allowed.
I really don't feel like you understand what I'm saying - that is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to say

At any rate, it appears that despite several opinions on both sides, multiple Riot employees disagree, so irregardless of what myself or others personally think, it doesn't look like this mechanic is changing anytime soon. Thank you for your time, everyone.

MehtaMezhan

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidscarface View Post
i prefer dominion with this mechanic
works with dow,works with dominion
This is quite different from how WoW battlegrounds work.
You're not understanding the thread, sadly.

Marsproject

09-23-2011

Is it just me or does it seem that every post that disagrees with the OP and provides accurate explanations that he's misguided, and probably REALLY bad at dominion, get down voted?

You know what dude?

Tough.

Riot is not gonna change the flow of dominion just to suit your needs for the game. Either learn and adapt to it or just don't play it. I personally have had tons of fun with it, granted I lost quite a few matches when dominion was available to play but that was mostly due to myself and my team being unused to the game play yet. And even though I lost some matches I still had a helluva fun time, the game play is exciting and it requires you to act fast.

Also it seems to me pantheon ROCKS at dominion, in one of the games I played him I went 28/10/12 with 1868 points and gold medal.

El Killer Duck

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailius View Post
Could you elaborate on what the slight positive slope is that the losing team has? I've sort of felt it, and it's a little frustrating in a way, but it'd be nice to have a discrete answer. (I suspect it's more than "once you're at less than 100 nexus points you don't lose points to champion deaths")
I think the positive slope here is that to defend 3 [turrets, cp's, nodes, etc.] you have to spread your team out. This leads to rougher 1v2 and 2v3 matchups while your team reacts to the opposition. This also leads to more balanced feeds. The team with the better matchups can feed more easily. This keeps the game better balanced and more fun, imo.

Going against a snowballed team in SR or TT gets frustrating, unfun and leads to surrenders. Imo, i think that the "comeback" mechanic increases those tense fight or flight moments where your skills in a panicked state are more thoroughly tested. You cant just "right-click" and faceroll the opposition; steamrolling your way to victory after that ONE teamfight by the baron, if you know what i mean. The shorter death-times, team spreading, point capturing aspect of this game-mode makes LoL a more fun and interesting game. GJ Riot, keep up the great work!

JoeDuo

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Right, you want to be able to squeeze out a win. It also means that games effectively 'end' before they end if this is allowed. We think this is a really poor aspect of all the ticket-based and capture point based games we've played, and took a firm stand that comeback should ALWAYS be theoretically possible. This is not the case with most CP maps.
I couldn't agree more.

Dalek

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehtaMezhan View Post
I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you mean.
All I'm saying is, both teams should lose the -2 points per death. Even if they have more towers controlled.

The fact that they don't feels arbitrary, and frustrating.
I respect that you may feel differently though.

Whats ridiculous about is this, thats how this game style is designed ! If a team gets steam rolled then guess what bad players, poor choice in champs. Play with 4 friends with Vent on and quit solo queing.

MehtaMezhan

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
If a team gets steam rolled then guess what bad players, poor choice in champs. Play with 4 friends with Vent on and quit solo queing.
All of these games were with 3-5 people in a voice server, lol.

Don't get me wrong - I think I won four of the six games or something like that.
Check my match history if you like.

I don't see how you missed my point that this mechanic can punish good teams.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I'm a bit confused: how does deaths only hurting your Nexus while you are losing (have 2 points while they have 3) work to help come-backs?

Have I misunderstood something?

Maya Fey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I agree, hero champion kills should still detract points, the reward for good "PvP" should always be there.

Otherwise I think the system is great.

JoeDuo

09-23-2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, but point control has nothing to do with nexus damage due to deaths; Nexus simply stop taking damage from deaths once they go under 100 points left.

If that is true, this thread should be locked as it keeps spreading misinformation about game mechanics while people argue about whether comebacks should be possible or not.