30 Hp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Meowmeow

09-27-2011

First of all, I've only played 2 Dominion games so maybe it is too early to draw conclusions, but I just think it is odd. In both my games, it seems the enemy nexus stops losing life at 30 and stays there for at least 5 min. At this point my team usually holds 2-3 capture points so I really don't understand why this happens. Can someone explain it to me? Does it have to do with quests?

*Edit - I also cut through the jungle to knock out their closest point, so the enemy usually has 2 points.

Nularia

09-27-2011

The enemy nexus only loses health when I believe you

Get an Enemy kill
Cap a tower causing them to lost points instantly
have more towers then them, causing them to slowly lose points

I think there's another way to reduce their nexus's life, but probably the reason it stayed at 30, is sort of like the last-stand syndrome, where the enemy team pulls out all the stops to do everything they can to stop you at that dire point, and suddenly you have less towers then your opponent, meaning they aren't taking damage, remember, a cornered enemy is possibly the most dangerous enemy, use caution all the way to the end of a battle, the battle isn't over UNTIL it is over.

Noctrelis

09-27-2011

3 points to deal damage to the enemy nexus. If both teams only have 2 it would be a stand off and no one would deal dmg. That's why you always want to have at least 3 points. If you weren't doing dmg to the enemy nexus it's because you only had 2 points held.

Mr Meowmeow

09-27-2011

When you believe me, eh? Yeah, it's pretty hard to believe a team can hold 2-3 points?.... Not sure what you're trying to prove with that comment. Anyways, I didn't know about that 3 to 2 thing.

HidingOverHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

he simply punctuated oddly he meant

The enem nexus only loses healthe when, I believe, you:

list of things that causes enemy nexus to lose health

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

At ~100 HP; Kills and Point Captures stop affecting the Nexus health. At this point you can ONLY do damage by holding more points than your enemy. If they aren't taking damge - you aren't holding enough points

Mr Meowmeow

09-27-2011

Ohh... hehehe. Ok thanks. Also didn't know about the 100Hp thing. Do you know where I can read about all this stuff?

Vydelar

09-27-2011

I think the official point where it stops is 125 GPEternity. At that point Quests stop spawning (but active quests still exist). When a team is at 125 or below, they are immune to capture and kill damage as well, the only damage that can be done is through tick damage, and if any quest is active, finishing it will still do 20 damage (but can not knock them to 0)