Dominion balance: Why you should not worry, why right now it is currently fine.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MortDog

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffy View Post
People claiming Dominion is brokenly unbalanced after two days are being ridiculous.

You claiming Dominion is perfectly balanced after two days is equally ridiculous.
This is a pretty silly comment. We've been playing Dominion 2 days. Riot has been playing it far longer than 2 days, with I am sure hundreds of games internally tested.

2bitmarksman

09-22-2011

Nice list breakdown. Honestly the champs that will most likely have the advantage are ones that can be played as multiple rolls depending on how they're built.

Duskofdead

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Exactly, if you really want to get down to it, people are still in this 'Summoner's Rift' mindset about champions compared to what the 'Dominion' mindset should be, and that is again, very different.
I honestly and sincerely don't think that's true at all. I don't think the "balance difference" in Dominion is new or different to anyone who has played ARAM. It's a heavy emphasis on team composition and who is a very strong or hard to counter low level fighter. It's exactly the same thing, giving big advantages to people with massively damaging poke at early level or beefy fighters.

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

09-22-2011

once I start dividing champs into attacker, defenders, cappers, etc-- I'm starting to see how large a problem rammus/singed can be when they play as cappers

Only counter I have seen/use against rammus/singed so far is to either outcap them or just pile a couple champions on them

Most of the time, piling on top of singed/rammus is a bad idea. Outcapping them is usually the better idea but is very champ selection depending. You'll need not only to build dedicated capping items but also dedicated capping champs, like eve.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
I honestly and sincerely don't think that's true at all. I don't think the "balance difference" in Dominion is new or different to anyone who has played ARAM. It's a heavy emphasis on team composition and who is a very strong or hard to counter low level fighter. It's exactly the same thing, giving big advantages to people with massively damaging poke at early level or beefy fighters.
Sure the basics are the same, but the way some champs work or play specifically seem to be different in some situations in Dominion. I mean it's a whole new dance move ;D

I tried Shen once and he felt like a totally different Champ on Crystal Scar.

urmamasllama

09-22-2011

ezreal fits really well as a stalker and defender

he defends a lot like kog maw does from a distance

and with his ult he can delay one cap while defending against another

his kiting and 1v1 power also do him well as a stalker

Essat

09-22-2011

People still haven't grasped all of the mechanics behind Dominion yet. I can't remember how many times I was told not to kill creeps because I should be capping instead. Was like... -.-'

That being said, champions aren't intrinsically OP. They are OP because the way they are played in relation to how others pick and play their champions puts them at an advantage. Reason why rammus is was in all but one of my Dominion games. People playing super aggressive gives rammus more utility than normal. Add that to the fact that you see like 1 tenacity item per game and you turn a mediocre single target stun into instant death.

With that in mind though, I think that rammus being able to cap top before anyone even gets there is something that should be looked into. I wouldn't mind giving everyone a +20 or +25 base tenacity bonus either. That or have the movement shrines give a temporary tenacity bonus.

leviathans curse

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Fawley View Post
Not to burst your bubble here but team comp doesn't matter much. Maybe having 2-3 champs that synergize well works but you NEVER have a 5v5 team fight or anything of the sort. Champs that excel in team fights like fiddle and galio are left out to dry in dominion.
sorry but wrong i lost count of the times galio ruined everything for my team by taunting one or two poeple then having one of his guys come and crush them and if that was true kennen would be of no use

Duskofdead

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essat View Post
People still haven't grasped all of the mechanics behind Dominion yet. I can't remember how many times I was told not to kill creeps because I should be capping instead. Was like... -.-'

That being said, champions aren't intrinsically OP. They are OP because the way they are played in relation to how others pick and play their champions puts them at an advantage. Reason why rammus is was in all but one of my Dominion games. People playing super aggressive gives rammus more utility than normal. Add that to the fact that you see like 1 tenacity item per game and you turn a mediocre single target stun into instant death.

With that in mind though, I think that rammus being able to cap top before anyone even gets there is something that should be looked into. I wouldn't mind giving everyone a +20 or +25 base tenacity bonus either. That or have the movement shrines give a temporary tenacity bonus.
Aggression has nothing to do with it. Rammus is powerful because 90% of what's being used are AD champs so all he has to do is build armor. And because he's very fast, which is a premium on this map.

oRi0ns bLaD3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I'm very much inclined to agree. I also like that a lot of champs who were underpowered on summoners rift are now VERY viable. Examples: Kassadin (obviously), TF (ok on SR, but a force in Dominion), pretty much ANY mobile champ. Farm is really not an issue in Dominion, so champs that were underutilized in SR due to poor laning are now completely legit.