Dominion balance: Why you should not worry, why right now it is currently fine.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie Fawley

09-22-2011

Not to burst your bubble here but team comp doesn't matter much. Maybe having 2-3 champs that synergize well works but you NEVER have a 5v5 team fight or anything of the sort. Champs that excel in team fights like fiddle and galio are left out to dry in dominion.

Amnizu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusia View Post
It may take a while for people to get used to this idea, but I completely agree that Dominion creates different roles for champions. While there are champions that are strong fighters on the map, I find that winning this mode often has very little to do with how many kills you get or fights you win. (especially with the low death timers and low gold/reward from killing champions)

For example, champions that can clear waves and push very well can use minions to put pressure on many different capture points without having to engage the other team. Champions that have high mobility can easily move around the map capturing undefended points or distract and lead the other team on a long chase.
not really.Why would you want the minions to push? they cant stop champs they cant capture points fast at all and players ignore minions to go bd towers.i mean even the towers dont do anything.

minions are useless in dominion

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishoulduninstall View Post
not really.Why would you want the minions to push? they cant stop champs they cant capture points fast at all and players ignore minions to go bd towers.i mean even the towers dont do anything.

minions are useless in dominion
Oh my...then you need to play more. There is a big difference if you solo push with a creep wave than without. ESPECIALLY with a promoted creep. Each hit from that guy alone like takes the counter down by a 1/4. With how fast this game plays, seconds matter.

Twolfandthelord

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Fawley View Post
Not to burst your bubble here but team comp doesn't matter much. Maybe having 2-3 champs that synergize well works but you NEVER have a 5v5 team fight or anything of the sort. Champs that excel in team fights like fiddle and galio are left out to dry in dominion.
team fights aren't the only kind of team work you know?

LordDemise

09-22-2011

thank you for posting such awesome appreciation thread

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffy View Post
People claiming Dominion is brokenly unbalanced after two days are being ridiculous.

You claiming Dominion is perfectly balanced after two days is equally ridiculous.
Agreed - we know it can't be perfectly balanced on launch, but it's not as unbalanced (or even in the way) that's represented here.

This is why we wanna let it mature and then make changes.

Moonfiya

09-22-2011

I'm enjoying it. Thanks for the new game mode.

Deielleye

09-22-2011

AD champs have a obvious advantage at the moment.

Utok

09-22-2011

Caveat I have only played 3 games so far..

What I have seen is that Ashe E is pretty useless, except for the additional gold :-)

The rest of her spells :

Q = Leave it on and forget it
W = Repeating Gun Late Game
R = Stop Capturing my turret NOW button

She is a great late game defender and her Ult can reach out and touch you

Zeful

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
Dat 50 armor from hourglass is worthless. Any AD champ is going to nullify it with armor pen. Especially with the Crystal Scar aura. As to why you decided to buff armor pen in the first place is a mystery to me.
Yeah the native Penetration on the map is a little odd. But it does massively disincentivize building resists. I don't really feel it's necessary with the healing debuff.