Dominion balance: Why you should not worry, why right now it is currently fine.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
I thought split pushing and pushing champs in general were frowned upon by Riot. At least that's what i'm sure a red said in regards to Sivir once.
Even if so, this is capture and hold, not tower defense. Ninjaing cap points, and even classes DESIGNED around doing so (Scout in any variation of Team Fortress, Lights in Dystopia, just using your hoverboard in UT3) are as old as the game mode and much of said game mode's play surrounds dealing with and strategizing around them.

Sykper

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good post - this is more how we see the roles broken up, too.

Unlearning old habits is hard to do for anyone. This is why we're waiting a bit to do ranked, so people can learn the strategies and tactics more fully before they go on a ladder.
I kind of had a feeling this was the case...

However if I may, I imagine that between the draft normals and blind pick normals players will quickly adapt Dominion strategies, so the hold on Ranked might not be so far off in Dominion once it is released, just a thought.

My biggest question, since you sort of hinted that Dominion will have a ranked...

Will the Elo be controlled/distributed differently in Dominion ranked?

Perhaps I am going too far, but with the new points system, you could perhaps adjust elo gains/losses based on performance in game, or set up a system similar!

More thoughts from myself, getting tired, midnight and I have kickboxing class at noon tomorrow.

EmpReb

09-22-2011

Quote:
Good post - this is more how we see the roles broken up, too.

Unlearning old habits is hard to do for anyone. This is why we're waiting a bit to do ranked, so people can learn the strategies and tactics more fully before they go on a ladder.
Thats why I have been playing irelia a lot. I found my preferred style of being a kiting queen in SR didn't work because of the need to farm but in Dominion her stun just makes fools out of those tanky champs. I can easily keep two people busy by trying to go after me which then frees up someone else to cap if my teamate were smart :P

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpReb View Post
Thats why I have been playing irelia a lot. I found my preferred style of being a kiting queen in SR didn't work because of the need to farm but in Dominion her stun just makes fools out of those tanky champs. I can easily keep two people busy by trying to go after me which then frees up someone else to cap if my teamate were smart :P
Psst...Irelia is one of those tanky champs.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Use Anivia as a point defender and support others in a push. If you give it a few shots, you'll be rewarded. Garrison + Exhaust.

Also, Hourglass. Dat armor.

Sykper

09-22-2011

Quote:
Use Anivia as a point defender and support others in a push. If you give it a few shots, you'll be rewarded. Garrison + Exhaust.

Morello confirmed Exhaust + Garrison for Defender spells...

That explains why I been winning my Leona Matches with those two spells....

Alright going to sleep for real, night!

Aqualisk

09-22-2011

Quote:

Dat 50 armor from hourglass is worthless. Any AD champ is going to nullify it with armor pen. Especially with the Crystal Scar aura. As to why you decided to buff armor pen in the first place is a mystery to me.

Kenji1788

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Also people complaining about how tryn,jax,akali op also fail to realize that this game in its essence isn't about killing the other champions. While yes when they come charging in and decimate you cause your team lacks the cc necessary to deal with him he can see OP but the easiest thing to do is avoid him then, circle the points and just capture around him and you still win.

People are too focused on fighting and not focused on winning.

EmpReb

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeDigest View Post
Psst...Irelia is one of those tanky champs.
psst DON't play her like that so I can stun those tanky champs.

Vellusix

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffy View Post
People claiming Dominion is brokenly unbalanced after two days are being ridiculous.

You claiming Dominion is perfectly balanced after two days is equally ridiculous.