Idea for Tower mechanics and Capture points...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vargol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

My Team: Green
Team Enemy: Red

If I capture a point and 2 champs of the opposite team come to me... Surely I must go or try to keep them occupied. The problem is: One of them starts to

capture (this prevents the tower attack) and the other attacks me. And if i can give battle in the 1v1, The champ who is capturing also strikes me. Once they

kill me both return to capture the point. So... The tower only attack 1 or 2 times and my effort to hold the point was in vain.

The idea is:
If my team have a point. The only way the enemy can capture the point is that nobody is in the zone. Only you can capture a point if no enemy is

inside the circle of the tower (or a little more expanded zone because some aoe skills covers the entire circle of the point and thats not the idea)

- If I start to capture a red point and an enemy comes into the zone i mentioned. Nothing happens and the effect of capturing dont go because i begin before

the enemy reach the zone. Now, if I'm hit, this cancel capture and I could not recapture the point because someone already inside

- In this way gives more importance to the minions and Promote.. So far are not very useful

- If the point is neutral, I can capture without any problems, whether or not someone in the area

- This rule only applies if my intention is to capture a point of the enemy, so this applies only at times when the red goes to neutral.

- Also help the defense because the tower will not stop attacking until you remove the enemy from the zone (with Janna, Orianna, Alistar, etc.)

- Help the 1vs2 strategy

I dont know if this is a logical change, but I get the feeling that this simple change would cause certain things to become more useful than they are today.

Thanks

SlightlyHandy

09-25-2011

Actually there is just a short cooldown until capturing can begin again, it's not whether or not an enemy is in the zone. The cooldown is just a few seconds.

The only thing that stops a capture is enemy damage to you, only champs, not minions. And yes, minions are very helpful sometimes as they will capture a point all by themselves.

Thanks for the post,

Slightly

Vargol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyHandy View Post
Actually there is just a short cooldown until capturing can begin again, it's not whether or not an enemy is in the zone. The cooldown is just a few seconds.

The only thing that stops a capture is enemy damage to you, only champs, not minions. And yes, minions are very helpful sometimes as they will capture a point all by themselves.

Thanks for the post,

Slightly
Yes, i notice that... But think about it... 2 secs cooldown on the capture is nothing... Im talking of a more defensive approach. If enemies in the zone, you cant capture, you cant stop the shooting tower and you need minions more...

But its only an idea, thanks for the reply! =)

Garzbrez

09-26-2011

it takes barely any effort to hit someone that is trying to cap a point and break the channel. and if you are planning on just defending a point for the whole game, take garrison and exhaust.