Decent, I guess- but you've handled this HORRIBLY

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Okay. So for months, the only communication we've had from Riot regarding Dominion has been vague hype. "It's coming soon!" "It's feature ready!" "It's at the con!"

Lo and behold, I sit down at my computer this morning and the beta we've been promised is live. So naturally I'm excited to try it out.

Riot, you needed to take some drastic steps to help prepare the community for how Dominion plays and you didn't. As a consequence, where I feel like this game might be fun if I could take an honest stab at it, we've got every idiot in the world running Dominion from solo queue at the same time and none of us are prepared AT ALL. So the first team to screw up in disgusting, obvious ways is the loser.

I've played five games. Lost four of them because my whole team was running randomly around the map engaging in meaningless teamfights and forgetting to backdoor. There should have been some SERIOUS discussion of strategy that hasn't occurred and while I get that you probably think we'll all take this experience and build on it, all I'm seeing is a lot of people who are really put off by the cluster of stupidity they've just witnessed and a lot of them probably won't play Dominion again. If you had done something to make it possible for those of us who'd have bothered to prepare in a meaningful way, this might have gone more smoothly and been less of a miserable experience.

By the way, my team had a Rammus in three of those losses. So I feel I should add this:

Just because Rammus' mobility is great in Dominion and he's free this week does not give you free license to play him if you're going to blow it. Using your charge to reach top faster than anyone else does not make you a baller. It makes you a moron. Losing top because some newbalicious Rammus got way too far ahead and lost the 3v1 that inevitably resulted is extremely frustrating. Stop doing that to your teammates.

Pieceofcandy

09-22-2011

4 top 1 bot

TIPS BRO

Dom Basics

-If you're going to dive/assault at least 1 person channel a cap, gets 2 things done at once, starts the tap on the node and stops the tower from putting holes in your team

-If you can delay a cap, it's always worth the death.

-Stop laning this isn't SR, run to the node and tap it you don't need minions to cap. SERIOUSLY STOP DOING THIS

-Move speed is king, don't start w/o boots unless you know what you're doing.

-If you're pushed in to your base cap nodes on the far side, takes pressure off your base by forcing them to cross the map to secure it

Mk5StrikerEureka

09-22-2011

Dude did you visit the dominon website.. tell you everything about the game there.

Yetiss

09-22-2011

Just so you know...its called beta for a reason. If your suprised that beta isnt playing perfectly then I dont know what to say...Seriosuly...if you dont like it, dont play it. Nobody is making you play it. People like you need to realize it is infact a video game and need to relax and enjoy it. I havent raged at all compared to SR which I find is best for me and I can just simply have fun.

TheChance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I'm not complaining that it doesn't work. It works beautifully.

I'm complaining that nothing was done to teach anyone to play it. Read the post.

Dire Drenz

09-22-2011

SO what you're saying is...a brand new gametype has come out and because we don't know every little secret, every little strategy, every little tip and trick to doing well, Riot has somehow failed by not handing over a Dominion Strategy Guide so you don't have to figure anything out on your own?

Also, you seem to be qqing about your teammates not Riot. There will always be scrubs. Live with it.

EDIT: As a huge fan of the battleground Arathi Basin in WoW, and the objective-based FPS, Team Fortress 2, I will admit I do understand the gametype more than those who only know Summoner's Rift.

Krom

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChance View Post
Okay. So for months, the only communication we've had from Riot regarding Dominion has been vague hype. "It's coming soon!" "It's feature ready!" "It's at the con!"

Lo and behold, I sit down at my computer this morning and the beta we've been promised is live. So naturally I'm excited to try it out.

Riot, you needed to take some drastic steps to help prepare the community for how Dominion plays and you didn't. As a consequence, where I feel like this game might be fun if I could take an honest stab at it, we've got every idiot in the world running Dominion from solo queue at the same time and none of us are prepared AT ALL. So the first team to screw up in disgusting, obvious ways is the loser.

I've played five games. Lost four of them because my whole team was running randomly around the map engaging in meaningless teamfights and forgetting to backdoor. There should have been some SERIOUS discussion of strategy that hasn't occurred and while I get that you probably think we'll all take this experience and build on it, all I'm seeing is a lot of people who are really put off by the cluster of stupidity they've just witnessed and a lot of them probably won't play Dominion again. If you had done something to make it possible for those of us who'd have bothered to prepare in a meaningful way, this might have gone more smoothly and been less of a miserable experience.

By the way, my team had a Rammus in three of those losses. So I feel I should add this:

Just because Rammus' mobility is great in Dominion and he's free this week does not give you free license to play him if you're going to blow it. Using your charge to reach top faster than anyone else does not make you a baller. It makes you a moron. Losing top because some newbalicious Rammus got way too far ahead and lost the 3v1 that inevitably resulted is extremely frustrating. Stop doing that to your teammates.

Arathi Basin has been around for over 5 years... TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE PLAYED IT... and guess what... there are still people who don't know what to do on that map.

BigDaddyDelish

09-22-2011

OH **** PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY A BRAND NEW GAME MODE?

Guess that means it's horrible and should have never been made right?

People will learn in time, just like we all had to with Summoner's Rift. It's BRAND new, so....

EerieElements

09-22-2011

I know this doesn't really relate, but if you've ever PvP'd in WoW, you know people will never be perfect. Perhaps you should communicate with your team, and help the "newbies" (yes, we kind of are all one at this point) understand basic strategy and points of the game.

Do not blame Riot, they told us to expect exactly what we got with Dominion. If you didn't read the site and understand it, that's a personal problem.

Not hating here, just saying. There will always be people who don't know what they're doing. Help them instead of flaming them

Melogrunty

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChance View Post
*paragraphs of rage*
Why does Dominion attract you? My other teammates were **** like this as well saying "do this strategy god**** noobs" Of course I'm sure most of us put him on ignore. I'm not going to have a stroke if I lose but maybe you will.