The ridiculous user error Dominion failure.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcerbicTongue

09-22-2011

I haven't seen it mentioned, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been.

Halfway through the first game it became obvious that the biggest challenge this game will face is that everyone wants to capture a point, and then all run together to take the next point. I have repeatedly been called bad because I, god forbid, stayed to defend points, which made my score much lower. One of the keys to balance in this game is finding champions suited to survival and defense (and people willing to play this role), and an understanding that capturing a point is only half the game.

tl;dr : Play some defense to win, don't be a nomad the whole game.

prettyobscure

09-22-2011

I agree, and I think Riot should implement something like Blizzard did in Arathi Basin, where being near a point your team already owned gave a multiplier (I believe it was 1.5). It gave an incentive to defend

AcerbicTongue

09-22-2011

Yeah something like that would help I think, hopefully that type of mechanism will be implemented sometime in the next couple months. It's funny to because people are getting first place and saying how great they are, and that they carry the team. Really? You get to do the easy job, running around killing people and capping irresponsibly. It is too bad so many people are failing to realize the basic building blocks of a decent match.

GenocidalMessiah

09-22-2011

agreements here, but the flip side too - repeatedly harassing a point should give you some extra moogoo.

using chogath in three games I continuously assaulted a single enemy point almost the whole game; three of them had to babysit it each game, leaving only two of them to defend the other three points.

you need to get credit for strategy in this game.