Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Points Concern

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorv

09-22-2011

To preface this: in all my games that I've played, I've mostly been the tanking defender going up often against 2 champs alone under my tower. I've been doing this with both Anivia and Maokai with great results.

My problem is this: I've been doing a great job defending and fighting off enemies while my allies are running around capping stuff because they have less champions to deal with. My score, though, is often 1/2-2/3 that of the rest of my team. It's nice to be able to compare how well you're doing to other players, and currently I feel that the scoring system doesn't reflect that. (And doesn't promote defense for players who are just looking for big scores.)

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Lorv

09-22-2011

This forum moves faaaast.

Arosemena

09-22-2011

capturing points give you way more points than defending, defending give you 5 points every certain time and if you capture an enemy turret you get 80 (40 + 40), i feel this is right cause defending shouldnt count as much as capturing, also you win points by interrupting enemies trying to capture

VictimEN

09-22-2011

Quote:
Arosemena:
capturing points give you way more points than defending, defending give you 5 points every certain time and if you capture an enemy turret you get 80 (40 + 40), i feel this is right cause defending shouldnt count as much as capturing, also you win points by interrupting enemies trying to capture

Because many champions are fast enough to easily get to and defend unoccupied points, a team needs to have some kind of defense even if enemies aren't always there. Should this be less rewarding as well as less interesting than running around and fighting everywhere?

Hannor

09-22-2011

I think It should be more rewarding to defend. Not as rewarding as taking, but defending is such an important part of the game.

Lorv

09-22-2011

To illustrate my point, from my last game:

Defensive Anivia (me): 3K/3D/3A, 5 Caps -> 846 points

Roaming Trundle (ally): 11K/10D/9A, 1 Cap -> 871 points

Essentially this game was a 1v2 defensive stalemate in the bottom 2 towers between me and Udyr/Soraka while my team roamed to try and get other points. Trundle wasn't even assisting my allies in capturing points; he was roaming in the middle of the map just attacking people. I held 2 players off a node for 20 minutes, which I thought was pretty impressive, yet I was still the lowest player pointwise.

From the point system I have gathered the following: Killing randomly in the middle of the map and ignoring the control points is an equivalent effect on the game to defending.

KkerrLegends

09-22-2011

Well dude, If i was you i would be proud of winning dominion is a team game and points dont matter, winning matters so just chill.

Lorv

09-22-2011

Quote:
KkerrLegends:
Well dude, If i was you i would be proud of winning dominion is a team game and points dont matter, winning matters so just chill.

Then why even have the points system? By your logic, we should delete it!

It's a useful way to measure how much you're contributing, but only if the system correctly values different effects on the game.