Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IMO Dominion was a waste of 1+yr development time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WΎÅRР؃ LØLŽ

09-22-2011

Quote:
DOKinetix:
**** them for giving us a free game and new mode! It should please everyone!

You know they made almost a billion dollars off this game right?

$400 million from Tencent buying the Riot company and I bet just as much or more from all of us players buying the skins and boxed game, etc.

I spent at least $100, its free to play, but they have tons of money to work with.

Ozmega

09-22-2011

Quote:
DOKinetix:
**** them for giving us a free game and new mode! It should please everyone!

oh u are so naive thinking that they are doing this for free...

Stinglock

09-22-2011

Quote:
WÎŽ:
You know they made almost a billion dollars off this game right?

$400 million from Tencent buying the Riot company and I bet just as much or more from all of us players buying the skins and boxed game, etc.

I spent at least $100, its free to play, but they have tons of money to work with.

Did you have to spend that money? Nope.

But you said they have tons of money to work with? Oh that's great news! Now they can do wages and pay running costs for the servers and organise great events. I like it when games I enjoy playing succeed.

I'm sure a whole year wasn't spend by the entire riot team on dominon, probably just a team who focused on it. IMHO, IDC about yours.

Quote:
Ozmega:
oh u are so naive thinking that they are doing this for free...

OH, curse them for RELEASEING SOMETHING FOR FREE and wanting to expand their player base and get more revenue. You do understand how businesses work right?

Stinglock

09-22-2011

Can someone just bump the conspiaracy theory thread, this one is lacking any form of consipiracy.

hightech

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Quote:
WΎÅRР؃ LØLŽ:
I think its is somewhat fun too, but each map should feel as good as the original or better.

If they spent over a year to make this map(3rd map should feel better than 1st), why does it feel so inferior and also nothing really impressive in it?

IDK, I expected much more after waiting this long for the new map.

I feel Riot wanted this to be the DOTA 2 killer or counter move and to me its just not as big of an innovative thing as they thought and it will not hold players interest very long to me.

It feels superior and everything is impressive.

hightech

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Quote:
Y2K12:
Compared to Sum Rift, its not difficult, its completely a minigame i agree, I rather have them work on Magma Chamber. But hey they have to create something for terrible players so they dont convert back to DoTA 2 when it comes out

Where is your platinum badge?

Stinglock

09-22-2011

Quote:
WÎŽ:
I can think of 100 things in 5 minutes, why cant pro game developers do better in a year of time is my point?

I think you are sitting on the wrong side of these forums I mean, unless thats 100 **** things in 5 minutes you should totally submit your resume to riot or ANY game company and wow them with how many GREAT ideas you can throw out in 5 minutes.

Also, your definition of better is subjective, I'm sure in your world everything would be better from sliced bread to roads that drive into the sun.