IMO Dominion was a waste of 1+yr development time

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WΎR ؃ LL

09-22-2011

Honestly dominion is fun, but seems more like a mini game. If they used 1+ yr of development time on it, to me it was a waste as it does not seem like it will be a competitive map for tournaments or something that will make people want to play over the regular map or over other upcoming MOBA games.

Quote:
I mean I woulda much more enjoyed a map for 5v5 with lanes and just probably bigger map that has interactive traps, switches to activate them, icy floor to slow and slide, rocks that can tumble on people, send a giant ball down a lane to crush anyone in the way, etc. Get on turret and snipe people,

I can think of 100 things in 5 minutes, why cant pro game developers do better in a year of time is my point?
tldr: Dominion is fun, but feels like a minigame, not a full mode that will keep peoples interest long.

Cheezdealer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I completely agree. +1

TheWhiteDingo

09-22-2011

I disagree I think it has a really competitive edge to it. Just because it doesn't last an hour doesn't mean its a mini game.

Kyy909

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Hey, Arathi Basin was released for fun in WoW, that turned into a serious map for BGs. Lots of strategy went into picking the right team compositions / players to go to specific places on the map, and rotating players was strategic as well.

You never know, we just got a taste of it... Might just end up being for fun, might end up having some competitiveness to it.

TheFailBus

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WΎR ؃ LL View Post
Honestly dominion is fun, but seems more like a mini game. If they used 1+ yr of development time on it, to me it was a waste as it does not seem like it will be a competitive map for tournaments or something that will make people want to play over the regular map or over other upcoming MOBA games.

tldr: Dominion is fun, but feels like a minigame, not a full mode that will keep peoples interest long.
-1 for being wrong
-1 for using a tldr on a two line post
-1 for "wasting time"

Now if only I could actually give -3.

Scopeeye

09-22-2011

nobody is forcing you to play it

WΎR ؃ LL

09-22-2011

I mean I woulda much more enjoyed a map for 5v5 with lanes and just probably bigger map that has interactive traps, switches to activate them, icy floor to slow and slide, rocks that can tumble on people, send a giant ball down a lane to crush anyone in the way, etc. Get on turret and snipe people,

I can think of 100 things in 5 minutes, why cant pro game developers do better in a year of time is my point?

alvalla

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeeye View Post
nobody is forcing you to play it
yea, just dont play it then you wont rage.

Misentro

09-22-2011

It would be nice if they could give us Dominion along with the other things they've promised us (replays, observer, etc.) instead of going "Here, play with this shiny new Dominion while Mommy and Daddy work."

TheFailBus

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WΎR ؃ LL View Post

Because your ideas are awful and juvenile and would be awful.

12345 ... 6