Why is there no Defending Stat in Dom.?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nose of Namjoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Still a beta but im sure it will change.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotarian View Post
Thats a bad idea bc than everyone would just stay and defend the entire time without doing anything else and just rack up points but they do need to add more incentive to it I have saved my team from losing tons of times by defending and I was usually 4th or 3rd in points bc of it.
But it is not a bad idea. The winning team will turtle but the losing team has no choice but to advance on a point or...they will lose.
The game wouldn't become a turtle fest because as it is now, only the team with less towers loses points over time.

I mean, why do you need to capture more points on the map anyways after you get 3 towers? You don't. You hold those 3 points and you win. But of course then your score isn't very high...................................

So we should keep the system the way it is to promote bad play?

Suigėtsu

09-23-2011

They dont want turtling
so gay
so bad
so not worth doing

Quote:
yes.

kr0ny

09-23-2011

This isn't a ****ing MMO. It's painfully obvious this is designed on purpose to encourage backdooring before defending.

Ya lets defend and stand around all day in the MobA game where I could be vulnerable to any amount of skillshots.

Logically incapable simpletons, close your mouths please and thank you.

Quote:
You're bad? k

Ironic Breeze

09-23-2011

What is the point of the personal score btw? Can it be traded in for items? I did the 'best' on my team even though we lost the 2 games I played, but what does it do? Does the personal score affect the rate of decay of opponents nexus?

Zorlac

09-23-2011

There are point defense scores, but it's only 5 every few minutes. Hardly enough to encourage state *****s.

Solid Chopin

09-23-2011

You see this? I was defending and taking towers. I was number 1. Sure yi may have died trying to kill me 5 or 6 times, but my point being was I was defending and being everywhere and getting points for it.

HeatTransferGuy

09-23-2011

I also think they need to make defending worth more points. Isn't it currently 5 points if you kill an enemy around your turret? I think they should give 2-5 points for interupting a person channeling a point.

Ayanami Forever

09-23-2011

I believe it's due to it being way to difficult to judge what action warrants x ammount of points, and discerning when said occasion happens. Here's an example from one of my games.

I was capturing a point with Trynd. We're both trying to capture when I notice a 3 man push coming from the inner circle, I stealth to them, engaged them, killed one and died. It doesn't sound like i did much, but trynd finished the capture, and the other two champs died while trynd held the tower.

Edit: I was playing as Eve

Now how would you reward defensive points to this? I defended Trynd who got us the capture and two more kills, but what would you call this action? How many points would it be worth? How would you make a program just to recognize this scenario? It would be way to difficult and time consuming to add something that would recognize offensive-defense play, which is what a lot of defensive play is. It's easier to grade offensive behavior which is much easier to recognize and reward as compared to defense where things can be in the grey zone.

DoomyDoom6

09-23-2011

Bumping because you probably get as many points picking up health packs as defending points from capture