dominion armor pen buff reduction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BraveSouls

09-13-2012

that armor pen buff isnt that notable on early game when its hard carries. but a xin wukong garen or darius will start bashing faces in from lvl 1 . the best way to make sure the armor pen buff wont make strong early game AD chars faceroll is make the buff scale with levels. starting with a low amount and going up when the game progresses

Kyrrion

09-14-2012

I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference. 15% of 30 armor is 4.5. That's a 3% increase in damage. At 50 armor it reduces 7.5 armor. That's a 5% increase in damage.

They're probably running Arpen marks + quints, 25 flat arpen or 31 with the flat armor pen mastery. And of course the more flat arpen they have the less the extra 15% actually does in comparison.

MyDeadGrandma

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference. 15% of 30 armor is 4.5. That's a 3% increase in damage. At 50 armor it reduces 7.5 armor. That's a 5% increase in damage.

They're probably running Arpen marks + quints, 25 flat arpen or 31 with the flat armor pen mastery. And of course the more flat arpen they have the less the extra 15% actually does in comparison.
^
This. With Xin and Wukong, you're basically hitting for what amounts to true damage against anyone except malphite for the first 5 minutes anyways.

Kyrrion

09-14-2012

Also it's 12% now, it used to be 15% but it was lowered quite some time ago, so my math is wrong and is overstating what actually is.

lbgsloan

09-14-2012

Keep in mind all those champions you listed except Garen have strong armour pen bonuses in their kit. Even on SR it's hard to defend against a Xin when you lose 15% of your armour just by him touching you; THEN you factor in the mastery and rune bonuses.

HaIfhearted

09-14-2012

I think the armor and magic pen %s should be switched.

Physical damage dealers don't really need any help in Dominion, it's the mages who get screwed over and need that tiny boost to their damage.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post

Physical damage dealers don't really need any help in Dominion, it's the mages who get screwed over and need that tiny boost to their damage.
amen, it would make Poppy scarier though.

Cauldrath

09-14-2012

1. % pen helps squishies more than tanky champs

2. Magic damage is in a perfectly fine place (see: Kassadin, Lulu, Brand, Swain, Amumu and the multitude of hybrid damage champs who dominate bot lane), the problem is AP

lbgsloan

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post

I don't think it's the aura pen that really matters though. The one thing most mages don't really have an itemization issue with is getting mpen. The real problem is getting AP + CDR + survivability into a ~10k budget, which usually forces most Dominion mages into the same FH/Rylai's tanky mage path every game.