Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Dominion

Yes, it would be an excellent addition! 3 100%
No, this is a terrible idea. 0 0%
I do not care either way. 0 0%
Voters 3 .

Beta Concepts, Thoughts, and Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noodlesdefyyou

09-22-2011

So, Dominion is upon us. After playing several rounds of dominion, I have decided to post my thoughts and provide my feedback. Please bear in mind, this is open discussion, and the following text is the thoughts and ideas of my own doing. Hopefully some decent, respectful, and constructive criticism comes of this. Anyway, here goes:

1) I have noticed a LOT of people playing certain champs. Akali, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao. Some others have seen a lot of Poppy according to the posts on this section of the forum as well. Will there be a counter to this? Here is an idea:

Someone previously posted a 'tier' system. That is a good concept and all, but it needs to be expanded upon. How about a team point limit? Teams are allowed, say, 100 building points, with the highest tier's costing the most (limiting them to, say, 2 per team to prevent imbalance and promote team synergy)

2) Some champions are "completely" useless for various reasons. For example, champions such as Nunu, Fiddlesticks, and Heimerdinger. Yes, you may say "Well fiddle can fear!", and "Nunu can slow!" however, their ults are completely useless for the fast gameplay that Dominion promotes.

I suggest a complete champion rework specifically for dominion. There are already items specifically for dominion, why not a different set of abilities? Tryndameres ult last's too long, Malzahars 'Visions' ability lasts too long, Fiddlesticks fear lasts too long, etc etc. I have not been able to play with every single champ yet, but I am sure others have noticed similar abilities. Also, why doesn't the nexus have a reduced cooldown of say, 10 or 15%?

3) Turrets are worthless. Either I did not notice it, or they do not attack while being captured. I kinda understand this, as an attack negates the capture. However, having a tower attack prevents solo control point takeovers, and requires either creeps or another champion, promoting team action and play. While attacking a control point, they should decrease armor and magic resistance slightly to promote defense of that point. Likewise, they should slightly boost armor/magic resistance while defending.

I am sure others have noticed other gameplay mechanics that need to be worked on. Please feel free to expand upon these ideas, or build your own. Either way, these are my theorys on Dominion based upon Beta gameplay.

Edit: I suspect a lot of incoming downvotes for having a wall of text. If you want to up/down vote my post, please take the time to read it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FUN HATER

09-22-2011

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
I have noticed a LOT of people playing certain champs. Akali, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao. Some others have seen a lot of Poppy according to the posts on this section of the forum as well. Will there be a counter to this?

Yes. Counter items.

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
How about a team point limit? Teams are allowed, say, 100 building points, with the highest tier's costing the most (limiting them to, say, 2 per team to prevent imbalance and promote team synergy)

Or you could just pick "good" champs as well.

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
Some champions are "completely" useless for various reasons. For example, champions such as Nunu, Fiddlesticks, and Heimerdinger.

wtf? Fiddle's ult is just amazing in Dominion, as is Nunu's. They change team fights. Heimer is currently one of the best picks in Dominion as well, dem turrets. He's banned in almost every match I play.

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
Tryndameres ult last's too long

ignite

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
Malzahars 'Visions' ability lasts too long,

qss

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
Fiddlesticks fear lasts too long

qss/cleanse

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
There are already items specifically for dominion, why not a different set of abilities?

That's overly complicated. Then they have two champion skill sets per champion to balance. Again, just pick viable people.

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
Also, why doesn't the nexus have a reduced cooldown of say, 10 or 15%?

Because CDR items exist.

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
Turrets are worthless.

Have you tried killing someone 1v1 under their own turret? Not worthless.

Quote:
noodlesdefyyou:
I am sure others have noticed other gameplay mechanics that need to be worked on.

The game mode itself seems totally fine, people just don't understand it yet, and are trying to play it like it's SR. It isn't. Adapt.