Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I really hope they don't balance around dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MorgManBasher

09-22-2011

Dominion seems fun and all, but really imbalanced and to balance it you'd probably after to mess with the main game mode.

Cupiter

09-22-2011

Or give certain champions different skills called "Dominion skills" that replace their regular skills due to imbalance when they enter dominion, just like how fortify and banshee veil were replaced.

Cratonz

09-22-2011

I doubt they'll ever do that. It would be a very convoluted process.

Kresterz

09-22-2011

Quote:
Cratonz:
I doubt they'll ever do that. It would be a very convoluted process.

but the end result is balence (dispite how people now QQ)

Fatalend

09-22-2011

I was saying this for weeks after Dominion got announced.

This type of game is not made for different game modes. Hell, this game isn't even designed for anything EXCEPT 5v5 as we saw with Twisted Treeline. It's one of the flaws of the genre, but we've seen it with WoW and everything else like it. You have to pick one mode and balance around it. 1v1 champions are way too powerful in Dominion and if they get nerfed for Dominion I will be extremely disappointed. Dominion is a fail idea and extremely short sighted.

captnnemo

09-22-2011

meh balance can be easily done for the separate game modes. dont know what language they use but in C++ you could use a CASE statment or a IF ELSE statment to do different balences for the modes so their will be no crossover effect

MorgManBasher

09-22-2011

If they balance it by balance the champs for different game modes...different stats in each game mode... that would be fine. I don't want them to screw up balance in the old game mode just for dominion though...