Organized Dominion Theory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarbis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Here is my prediction of what will form into a Dominion Metagame. Please consider it and post any thoughts or criticisms. I think that there will be many ways to win Dominion, but I feel this will be the prevalent one.

Have two people go up and two people go down. Make sure these two have synergy, such as Janna and Tryndamere. Also make sure they will not be kited all day.

Then have one person who acts as the game's "jungler." Their job is to run around, grabbing runes, assisting 2v2s, defending turrets, backdooring turret, and dealing with the enemy jungler.

What makes a good jungler: Mobility, CC, and 1v1 potential. Also good is to have at least one AoE and survivability. Few characters have all of these traits, but having three or four should make a good jungler. Rammus, Skarner, Olaf, Akali, Maokai, Rumble, Urgot, and Morgana are a few champions who fit three or more of these criteria.

Make sure one of your characters has a global ult, in case your jungler needs to work on a push while someone like Rammus is backdooring.

If the enemy tries to five mob, have one tank character or ranged character with AoEs harass them while your other team members capture other objectives.

Of course, a lane team are not stuck in that lane, and ganking will happen, but this is just a gank and then go do something else. Five man mobbing a capture point just seems bad to me.

So what do you think? Am I an idiot? Or do you think there is some legitimacy to my ideas? What counters this concept? What comps do you think would work well? Do you think the jungler concept is too rigid, or that it makes a lot of sense?

Cap Jack Sparrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Thing is, The way this game works out, everyone eventually becomes a "jungler" by your description. Its basically everyone on the team working together to get some advantage to grab a point. this does not have to involve 5 man mobbing at all.

Jarbis

09-22-2011

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The idea of laning is that this is what a laner are generally doing. If Rammus goes to bd you while your jungler is ganking bot, than someone from top takes his place and stops Rammus. Or if tops wins top then one of them can go bot and fight 2v4 or 3v4 before heading back top and letting the jungler and bot lane take the control point. Yes, the team is working to grab a point, but they are doing this by applying pressure at all places at once.