Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

dominion is cool and all but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liyark

09-22-2011

every game

akali tryndamere yi rape face

Mooninites

09-22-2011

some good feedback

its cool to see them keep dominion up despite the long que times, I just bought akali, so i'll have to check her out, I thought kog would be a powerhouse with his ult's range, and due to avoiding his weak early game, but I haven't been impressed. any champions you thought would dominate but haven't really lived up to your expectations?

tristana was another champion I thought would be really powerful

DStrangelove

09-22-2011

i find champions with on kill refresh ultimates:
Akali,Yi,Eve to be very annoying since kills are so constant and they just get free ultis one after the other.

EDIT: I also find champions that are able to block capture points for more then 5 seconds to severely annoying (Karthus,Tryndamere,Singed,Garen)

Duyty Ganks

09-22-2011

Quote:
Footh:
Honestly im very dissapointed in Dominion, the first few games its fun because its new.
But now im just at the point of, The team that picks more good 1v1 champs win. Always.
Akali, Irelia, Talon, GP and prolly a few more

Very sad, sticking to summoner's rift

I have an idea, the draft mode gets 12 bans!! MUAHAA

xDLOLxP

09-22-2011

so far i have done a total of 4 games and lost a total of 4 games. people do not focus on taking the points. they just want to kill other champions. and also the other team has always had better team setup. so its pretty much gg in loading screen.

Steelclad

09-22-2011

I don't see why one can't play both modes just fine.

TheRapidOne

09-22-2011

All dominion seems like is a free for all, kill kill kill. Even though that's not the number one goal, but that's what most people get caught up on. And that gets boring. Atleast in SR, there are more things going on, more thinking and more strategy is needed. (I know you need it in Dominion, but not alot, just go cap clockwise, or counter clockwise and you'll be fine.

Dominion is fun, though I can't see myself playing it constantly because all it is, is mindless killing for 25 mins. That's just me though.

iainB85

09-22-2011

I think it would require a lot more work to be competitive like the normal games are. You can't just create a new mode, throw in a bunch of champs that were balanced for something entirely different and expect it to work out. It could be fun for casuals, but I can't imagine it being played tournament level without some major overhauls to champs specifically for Dominion.

Mooninites

09-22-2011

Quote:
iainB85:
I think it would require a lot more work to be competitive like the normal games are. You can't just create a new mode, throw in a bunch of champs that were balanced for something entirely different and expect it to work out. It could be fun for casuals, but I can't imagine it being played tournament level without some major overhauls to champs specifically for Dominion.

that being said, i hope they don't balance champions around dominion

Sideswing

09-22-2011

Dominion --> call of duty.
Summoners Rift --> socom.

Dominion --> Metal Gear Solid
Summoners Rift --> Splinter Cell