Riot, Why did you put in a "score"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

09-22-2011

It's worse than K/D. People just abandon their teams, and any strategy, and just trade top back and forth between the two teams. They walk up, cap it, and then back off to let the enemy take it again, so that they can walk up and re-cap it.

I can't tell you how many games I've had where people do this, and go like 0/12, and whenever anyone says anything to them their response is always "lol u bad I highest score on team nub." It's very infuriating because they think that they're helping when they're basically just making the game a 4v5. And allowing the enemy champions to get free gold/score from re-capping the easy point. And obviously the gold from killing them over and over.

LilDrood

09-22-2011

I've yet to see that even once so far out of like 14-16 games.

Shini Laser

09-22-2011

Just because they are 0/12 doesn't mean they are being useless. Now, if they are ignoring points, fine, but I once scored MVP as 0/4 as Zilean, because all I did was ninja cap points, which allowed my team to cap other points, and defend points where I could.

Just observe gameplay.

Mooninites

09-22-2011

score seems more pointless than k/d to be honest. I never even pay attention to my score

morrock

09-22-2011

I've seen this every game so far.

Lythicos Ra

09-22-2011

i have to both agree and disagree.
I think a score is useful for people starting out, because they can use it to figure out what *should* be done.
on another hand, like you said, people try to get the best score, and ignore logic.

i think they should show the point gain, but not the points. the points should not be shown until post game, and they should help determine an IP gain.
but! if it does determine an IP gain, nothing of score should be shown until post game, not even point gain.

but i do mostly agree with the OP

NessOnett

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Just because they are 0/12 doesn't mean they are being useless. Now, if they are ignoring points, fine, but I once scored MVP as 0/4 as Zilean, because all I did was ninja cap points, which allowed my team to cap other points, and defend points where I could.

Just observe gameplay.
But they werent. They were literally just like 2-3 people would cap a point as a group. And then sit in a bush waiting for the enemy to come by and re-take it, just so they could cap it again. The enemy, noticing this was going on, would always just happily leave 1 person to "trade" the point back and forth while that left the game as a 2-3v4. So they weren't ignoring points, quite the contrary, they were just farming a single point and doing nothing else.

BikBoiTime

09-22-2011

you sir are a whiny betch

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Had an incredibly whiny eve in the last game proudly pointing out her score > the rest of her team by a landslide... but she did uncap like 20 of our nodes. Eve's speed + stealth combo is frustrating with her cap speed.

That said, I have no problems with the score thing. The only thing that really matters is whether you get a W or a L, score's just an indicator. Indicators can be read wrong... like "who's better, that 10-0-0 Cait or the 0-2-24 Sona?"