Any tips on playing Lux?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trollkatt

09-22-2011

Hello, Lux is my favourite char, and I'd really like to be able to play dominion with it, but I tried and it felt like an absolute NO go.

Any tips on playing this char in Dominion? Is there any way to play effectively as Lux?

Thanks in advance!

Buru Diman

09-22-2011

Work like a support champion, dont try to solo that Jax just cause its a different map.

trollkatt

09-22-2011

Thanks, something more specific other than don't solo Jax? (and no, I don't try to solo Jaxes.. )

Buru Diman

09-22-2011

Well, Im sure you know that the best is to use your ult to disrupt captures across the map.
Kite em around your turret. People dives more frequently in Dominion to its easy to use that in your favor. Garrison sounds like a good idea.
Capture stuff, be close to your teammates.

trollkatt

09-22-2011

Ok, I'll try to work on that, thanks a lot! I try to do that but maybe I'm not focusing on the right spots yet.

If anyone has more tips please let me know

fernsauce

09-22-2011

i like grabbing sheen first, just because dat damage

also you can use your Q to bind people who are trying to capture the point and force them to take damage. along with your E, you can literally kite people around in circles and have the tower kill them.

your ult is great for supporting your team from afar and disrupting captures. lots of people are really dumb about where they recall with 100 hp in dominion, take advantage of this for free kills.

Stralucire

09-22-2011

I've had great success with Lux (also my main) by ignoring her damage entirely. Prioritize CDR, build her like a tank, backdoor and defend like mad.

I pick up Boots of Lucidity, followed by Glacial Shroud and Hextech Sweeper. That's 40% cooldown reduction, some decent survival, and a little mana/AP on the side. After that I've tried a few choices: Rylai's Crystal Scepter has a good stat balance and passive. Priscilla's Blessing is uber if you like to backdoor. Frozen Mallet actually helps a whole lot for node Defense. Outside of Glacial Shroud, don't bother with mana or mana regen. You just plain won't need it. The Healing pickups and death rate should keep you well stocked.

Max your shield and ult first, followed by singularity, then binding. Take Garrison and Heal for your summoner spells. Singularity and binding can interrupt multiple tower cappers at a time, which makes you an extremely potent and frustrating D, but they can do that at level 1. Remember, survival is important, damage is not, so your shield is priority. Finales is excellent in Dominion for so many reasons, not the least of which because you can snipe out backdoor ninjas.

This isn't a glamorous build, but it is effective. Although the other team won't run in fear when they see you, they'll sure as hell stay off a node you're camping unless they're in a team. I've managed to hold nodes against 2-3 opponents for long stretches of time, and that counts for a lot in Dominion. While you're on D, kite around the islands behind the towers as much as possible. Make players chase you. If they don't chase you, work them over while they try to cap. Snake the Healing pickup in the back whenever its available. If you're in a pinch, bait players into range of the tower and Garrison. With your skills to keep them in range this can take out two opponents pretty quick.

Lux also has a decent base movement speed, especially with boots. Work the Speed Boost platforms and you can skip around constantly stealing nodes. It's a real nuisance to the other team. If one or two of them try to hunt you down, work your cooldowns and lose them in the jungle, then go hit another node. You should move constantly and pay a lot of attention to the map. There's always a node to steal, especially when the other team leads.

Good luck, hope that helps.