Katrina - Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Woozl

09-18-2009

Every game I've played since the patch, it seems like Katrina is a big bag of meat with a sign saying "Free Kill" on her. Are the people I've been playing against just bad, or is there a inherent flaw in her character? I would like to hear people's opinion on the matter.
NOTE: Normally I would just play a game as her, but it is late so I'm hitting the hay. Hopefully I'll know the answer by morning.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2009

2 offensive problems with her (if people dont focus fire her) her passive attack speed increase works on towers, her blink strike alone is rape. why she has blink strike? i dont know. she simply lack skill to play.

Tuul

09-18-2009

I've seen people do quite well with her, been trying her out myself simply because i like how she works, but been getting owned hardcore.

Been trying the bouncing daggers, and i think the passive pop + blinkstrike in for added dodge is probably the way to go, just a guess?

Also i can't seem to get her ulitmate to ever be effective, surely im not using it at the right times, but could use some advice here.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

09-18-2009

Bregan hates Katarina THIS MUCH <-------------------------->

But really, you've probably just been playing bad Kats. I've tried her with two different builds: the typical melee attack speed/damage/crit build (which does a **** ton of damage and makes her dagger a good aoe, but leaves you squishy as hell) and the megahybrid build.

Megahybrid seems to be working veeeeeeeeery nicely. Ideal items for me (at this point of testing her) are Boots of Swiftness, Warmog's, Rylai's Scepter (must have), Soul Shroud (this and a couple of runes gets you 3 second Shunpos), Bloodthirster, and Phantom Dancer.

Un-freaking-stoppable if you can get all of that. If not, Boots/Warmogs/Rylai's is a damn good combo to have midgame.

EDIT:

Quote:
Also i can't seem to get her ulitmate to ever be effective, surely im not using it at the right times, but could use some advice here.
When soloing a hero, just Shunpo and pop the ult right away. You'll get a good 2 seconds of it off easy, 3-4 seconds if you invest in a Rylai's. In a group setting, get a shield from Morg or Kayle and go wild, or have Ryze/Morg/Whoever stun/root someone to have them get destroyed. A spinning Kat is a big "kill me now please" sign in a group battle, so be careful.

Lollerman

09-18-2009

Yeah, the ult's just there so you get the assist on champion kills, and then you can start using your skills all over again. Kind of like a mini Yi/Jax hybrid character.

Actually, that's precisely what she is.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-18-2009

She's ridiculously powerful, why would you play a character like Warwick when she has better skills AND requires no mana? You can just totally ignore mana on all of your runes/items and stack AP and own everybody.....

Her warp skill is basically Warwicks Ult, and her Ult is better than Warwicks ult....shorter cooldowns too i believe..and of course no mana...because why would you want to limit a character from spamming skills.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

09-18-2009

Hahahahaha, you're awful Fuzze.

JayceJa

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze View Post
Her warp skill is basically Warwicks Ult, and her Ult is better than Warwicks ult....shorter cooldowns too i believe..and of course no mana...because why would you want to limit a character from spamming skills.
so two of her abilities combined, including her ultimate, are better than warwicks ultimate, and your calling that a problem?

Chainyk

09-19-2009

ult is usless

Tepval

09-19-2009

She rocks with a rylai. So much.