Shinta, the Lunar Tide (with splash art)

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilsforreals

Member

10-11-2011

Love


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KagetokÝ

Senior Member

10-11-2011

amazing art, awesome job.
Would love to see this concept in game.. deserve a lot of credit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaranthos

Senior Member

10-14-2011

Thanks. I appreciate the support. I do put a lot of time and thought into these ideas, so it's really nice to see a degree of fruition.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

greygadget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-14-2011

I actually am really drawn to that alchemist... he seems to be a well looked over champion. hope to see updated info on him before a complete review.

Also, I have a favor to ask of you if you will. Would you be able to take the concept art I had drawn and clean it up and make it look a bit better?? Would greatly appreciate, and it would give you something to do <3

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1354565

also if you don't mind giving your opinion on my champ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EroKagami

Junior Member

10-14-2011

Great arts, Riot ppl should really look into this one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

Senior Member

10-15-2011

Icraig33 review!

Innate: well, I would say that the bonus damage is a lot, but the length of time you have to wait sort of balances it out (except if, say, an earlygame skirmish breaks out). Quick question: is the splash damage reduced by a percentage of the target damage? if not, then it should be.

Before I go into the other abilities, I will say that I like the secondary resource mechanic you describe here with the water reforming. moving on!

Q: The range of the skillshot isn't nearly enough to justify the low base damage. I personally think it should be around 700-800 units of range at the very least with a base damage 60/95/150/185/220. The other Q should have a range of 900-1000 units.

W: I don't exactly understand the range of 125. is that the radius of the AoE or the cast range? What is the size of the other thing? It's very small in pretty much all cases and I think you should increase it. Other than that, it seems fine.

E: It seems pretty legit, so I'll leave it there.

R: give the first portion a mana cost of 150/175/200. That will be much more fair.

Overall, he seems to be doing pretty good, but could benefit from a tweak or two.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akhalix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaranthos View Post
Erm... basically its a completely new game mechanic that isn't currently in game.

Shinta is a water manipulator, not a conjurer. So he has to rely on his stock of water available.

What happens is he has a bunch of water circling around him whenever he isn't actively using any skills. This is the water he carries around with him like a catalyst to use his powers.

When he activates a skill, the water is "used up" for the attack, at which point he can't do anything because he has no water to manipulate. Therefore, it acts like a global cooldown when any one of the skills is used, because each of the skills uses up that water supply completely.

Eventually the water returns to him, and he is allowed to use an active skill once more.

The only exception to this mechanic is his ultimate, because instead of using his own stored water, he takes the water contents out of enemy champions. ( yea some champions like Orianna probably don't have much water content... but it's okay. Vladimir wouldn't make sense either in that case)
And since he takes this water content out of an enemy champion, it's like he has additional water to use. That's why for a duration his water "reforms" sooner.

Sorry if my descript. is still vague. I'm having trouble putting it in words for some reason. >.<
I see that makes sense....um and actually blood is 98% water so yea then the other 2% is just a bunch of minerals and stuff...but would he really be that good of a chaser if he has to wait so long to use each spell...maybe have like a 1 or even 2 second recharge time for the more powerful spells? idk but it seems to me a little long to wait to recast a spell...


123