Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shinta, the Lunar Tide (with splash art)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaranthos

09-22-2011

Notice: From now on, all my champion concepts will be compiled into a single thread. Hopefully this will make it easier on everyone. ^^

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1330735

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shinta, the Lunar Tide

"Among others, he is as mysterious as the moon. In solitude, he is as clear as water; a reflection of suffering, vengeance, and retribution."

Lore: At the moment, I just want his story to tie in with Janna's somehow, since they're both sorcerers that gave themselves up to primal elements. I also want his history to somehow be affiliated with Ionia and the moon.

Appearance: similar standing and running position as Vladimir. Also has water circling him constantly, except when the water forms into a sword as a result of his passive ability.

Attributes: Mage, Support, Assassin, Ranged
Difficulty: Leaning towards the hard side I'm guessing

Weaknesses: low burst damage, good judgment required since only one skill can be cast at a time, no gap closers, squishy mage, low starting hp

Strengths: high dps and decent party support, ranged, large mana pool

Base Stats:
HP:360 (+65)
MP:300(+50)
Attack:45(+3)
Attack Speed: 0.73 (+1.86%)
Range: 400
HP regen: 3 (+0.25)
MP regen: 9.0 (+0.8)
Armor:10 (+3.5)
Magic Armor: 35 (+0)
Movement Speed: 320

279201Innate: Liquid Sword: (great farming passive) While not autoattacking, water is gathered into a liquid sword. After 5 seconds, an initial sword begins to form. By 8 seconds, the sword forms completely. If the hydromancer autoattacks before 5 seconds, the timer resets. While sword is formed, upon next basic attack, apply splash magic damage bonus with a radius wide enough to hit an entire creep wave. Sword disperses upon use.

After the first 5 seconds, damage bonus is 100%. By 8 seconds, damage bonus increases to 200%
Damage Bonus: 30/45/55 (0.3 AP ratio), bonuses increasing at lv 6, lv 12, and lv 18 respectively.

For the active skills, besides the ultimates:
Because the hydromancer carries a limited supply of water, all active skills are available only when water has regathered towards the hydromancer. This acts like a global cooldown for all his skills.

More thorough description because the condensed descript may not be clear:

Quote:
Alaranthos:
Erm... basically its a completely new game mechanic that isn't currently in game.

Shinta is a water manipulator, not a conjurer. So he has to rely on his stock of water available.

What happens is he has a bunch of water circling around him whenever he isn't actively using any skills. This is the water he carries around with him like a catalyst to use his powers.

When he activates a skill, the water is "used up" for the attack, at which point he can't do anything because he has no water to manipulate. Therefore, it acts like a global cooldown when any one of the skills is used, because each of the skills uses up that water supply completely.

Eventually the water returns to him, and he is allowed to use an active skill once more.

The only exception to this mechanic is his ultimate, because instead of using his own stored water, he takes the water contents out of enemy champions. ( yea some champions like Orianna probably don't have much water content... but it's okay. Vladimir wouldn't make sense either in that case)
And since he takes this water content out of an enemy champion, it's like he has additional water to use. That's why for a duration his water "reforms" sooner.

Sorry if my descript. is still vague. I'm having trouble putting it in words for some reason. >.<

278252Q: Water Burst / Lunar Current (Skill shot): Releases a jet of water, striking a single target.

Range: 425/450/475/500
Mana Cost: 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80
Magic Damage: 50 / 85 / 140 / 175 / 210 (0.8 per ability power)
Upon cast, 3 seconds are required for water to reform.

When Lunar Night's fog of war is active, Lunar Current replaces Water Burst.
Retain's attributes of Water Burst except:
Skill shot impales targets in a straight line.
Range: 700 at all levels
Magic Damage: 70/105/160/195/230 (0.8 per ability power)

278268W: Aqua Guard (Support): A jet of water springs from below to shield within a radius. Reduces incoming AP and AD damage and increases tenacity of allied units for its duration.

Range: 125
Mana Cost: 70 at all levels
Armor Bonus: 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 (+0.2 per ability power)
Magic Armor Bonus: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 (+0.3 per ability power)
Tenacity Bonus: 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20
Lasts 2 seconds, with 3 seconds after Aqua Guard disperses to reform.

279206E: Tidal Wave / Tsunami: Single target. The hydromancer slams his palm into the floor, releasing a tidal wave that pushes/carries enemy units backward (similar effect to Alistar's Headbutt).

Range: 500 (knock-back distance is up to 300, starting from the source)
Mana Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
Magic Damage: 70 / 90 / 110 / 125 / 140 (+0.6 per ability power)
After casting, 6 seconds are required for water to reform.

When Lunar Night's fog of war is active, Tsunami replaces Tidal Wave:
Takes attributes of Tidal wave, except:
Range increases by 200.
If enemy champion is knocked back and collides with a wall within 200 range, the enemy is stunned for 1 second and takes additional bonus magic damage of 30/40/50/60/70 (0.2 per ability power).

279232R: Ultimate: Dehydrate / Lunar Night: Single target. Using his expertise in hydromancy, the hydromancer is able to manipulate and expel water contents of an enemy champion, thereby supplying additional water for himself for the duration.

For 10 seconds, all other active skills reform water 1 second sooner. Also deals fixed 10/15/20% of max. health of the enemy champion that was dehydrated. Additionally reduces tenacity by 15/20/25 and slows enemy by 20% for 3 seconds.

Range: 600
Mana Cost: 200 / 250 / 300
Cooldown: 120 / 110 / 100 seconds. 2 second channeling required.

In addition, when Dehydrate is on cooldown, Lunar Night can be cast. By dispersing his supply of water, the hydromancer can surround an enemy unit in a fog of war.

Lunar Night places 1 target enemy unit in a fog of war, with a 400 range radius of sight.
Duration: 2 seconds.

Range: 600
Mana Cost: 120 at all levels
Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Spent about 5 and a half hrs on the splash art and it's still not complete. And yea, there are some mistakes like the scarf (figured his back blocks the wind on one side, and the water sword holds it in place on the other, but it just looks awkward) and the asymmetrical elbows that I originally thought looked cool... Oh yea, and the robe isn't complete yet either.

Change Notes:
- nerfed Tidal Wave by a lot. After some contemplation, realized how OP it was to have a knock-back on such low cooldown. That one skill also pretty much replaced the incentive to use any other skill. So yea...
- buffed Q and W slightly.
-remade passive due to suggestion.

Alaranthos

09-23-2011

Champions on Hiatus:

Hirvanna, the Essence of Extinction:

Innate: Armageddon:
Allied champions gain 3% AP bonus. Hirvanna is also able to pass through minions and champions.

Q: Dawn of the Jurassic
(toggle)
Hirvanna emits a burning aura, dealing damage every second to nearby enemy champions (think Sunfire cape). Every 3rd tick also reduces magic resistance by 10/12/14/16/18 for a few seconds.

W: Dawn of Civilization

Hirvanna casts an essence upon an allied champion, improving magic and attack damage for a duration. If Hirvanna casts this buff on herself, she gains 8/10/12/14/16 movement speed bonus for a few seconds.

E: Dawn of Humanity
(debuff skillshot)
Hirvanna smites enemy champions with an essence of human extinction, slowing or silencing targets depending on whether their total AD or AP is higher (respectively).

R: Dawn of Time
(ultimate)
Hirvanna transforms into an essence spirit temporarily, altering time and space. During this time, an AoE barrier is cast, giving all alied champions damage shields. Enemy champions who are inside or enter the AoE barrier are slowed and have their armor and magic resistance reduced.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert De'Vandel
, the wealthy alchemist

-playstyle: hybrid; alchemy is squishy support-based, homunculus is tanky melee dps

difficulties: -micro (must control movement of self+homunculus, although homunculus will follow player and attack nearby enemies on its own AI if no command is taken within 4 seconds)

-must choose to sacrifice effectiveness of either the support or homunculus tree because stats are shared between character and homunculus

Q: Biochemical Fortification/Homunculus: Lariat *maybe Takedown instead...*

(skillshot) Robert tosses an alchemic solution which fortifies allies or deteriorates enemies. If the potion lands on a champion, the corresponding effects will occur. If the potion reaches the floor, the bottle shatters and chemicals spread on the floor. Any minions that cross the transmutation trail are rooted and transmute into bushes for a set duration.

- if potion lands on ally: heal target for 30/50/70/90/110 (0.3 per ability power) and buff movement and attack speed by 10/11/12/13/14%.
- if potion lands on enemy: damage target for 30/50/70/90/110 (0.3 ability power) and inflict silence status for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. The enemy unit is also marked with transmutation liquid for 5 seconds, which leaves behind a trail for 2 seconds.
Transmutation trail: minions who cross the trail are transmuted into bushes for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds.
(might need to rework trail design completely since it can really mess up laning/farming phase and stuff, kinda complicated to balance... Also bushes give Nidalee too much synergy...~_~ (*I'm watching you, Nidalee passive...!!*)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lariat is available upon toggle and shares a cooldown with Biochemical Fortification

Lariat commands the homunculus to lunge and perform a "takedown" which deals 50/90/130/170/220 (0.2 per attack damage) and stuns the enemy for 1.4 seconds.

Range: 350
Mana Cost: 50/80/110/140/170 or Energy: 60 at all levels
Cooldown: 23/21/19/17/15

W: Carnivorous Plantation/Homunculus: Grapple

Robert swings his arm outward, sprinkling alchemy powder across the floor directly in front of himself. After a short delay, carnivorous plants spring forth from the soil, creating a temporary wall which attacks nearby enemy champions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grapple commands the Homunculus to grab an enemy champion, suppressing the enemy for 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 second(s).

E: Potion of Rejuvenation/Homunculus: Suplex

R: [ulti] Trueborn Homunculus (toggle)

Homunculus info:

-takes on stats of Robert except:

-energy-based (static 200 energy)

Toggle. Switches/reverts to homunculus skillset.

Bondye

09-23-2011

i like the concept.

Luninareph

09-23-2011

Great art :O

Alaranthos

09-24-2011

Thanks. I spent a decent amount of time on both the concept/mechanics and the art, but especially the art, so I'm glad you like it.

Update:

Now completed skill icons (except tidal wave, need to redo it) and buffed some of his skills. Not sure if I overdid it or not, so I'd appreciate some feedback concerning the numbers.

edit: actually looking back, I'm probably gonna have to redo/improve all of the skill icons. Guess I rushed it too much.

Akhalix

09-24-2011

Love the art...i think that water champions are a little difficult to perfect all around but you did a pretty good job um i think though that for his passive it might want to be maybe a set duration? idk but it is 15 seconds to become out of combat which is hard if you trying to last hit in say middle

Alaranthos

09-24-2011

Quote:
Akhalix:
Love the art...i think that water champions are a little difficult to perfect all around but you did a pretty good job um i think though that for his passive it might want to be maybe a set duration? idk but it is 15 seconds to become out of combat which is hard if you trying to last hit in say middle

Yea I'm not sure how hard it is to balance water-based champs, but I felt like LoL didn't have enough of them. That being said, Riot seems to prefer pyromaniacs. *Looks at Annie and Brand*

And wow, didn't realize it takes so long to before the game considers something out of combat.

Thanks very much for your insight and suggestion. I'll probably just remake the passive completely in that case.

vladdy676

09-24-2011

DUDE i like this mainly because of the art work and please tell me how you do that also check out my latest champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1275846 please i really want to know how you do that i will worship you if you can xD

Kiviskus

09-24-2011

Water ninja/mage? I am so in!

Alaranthos

09-24-2011

Bump.