My one issue with Dominion..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

You don't even have time to chat really....it's way too fast

Zavrik

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnalex View Post
there should be an option to play a longer game of dominion like have the nexus's have 750 or 1000 hp instead of 500.

That way people without much time to play can enjoy a quick game and people who actually want to feel invested in their game can play a longer one. (5 caps will still end it quickly)

Everyone wins.
Something like that would be far superior, at least in my own opinion. An option for a game to go a little longer would be great.

sirturkey1

09-22-2011

So your one problem with Dominion...is it's entire premise.

Jaystander

09-22-2011

I don't think this has anything to do with Dominion. This has to do completly with one's expectations. In this game the OP seems to have a certain expectation and Dominion is not meeting it. As a result of this personal expectation not being met, the OP doesn't allow himself to feel, or can't feel, whether conciously or not, what the game is meant to be. The game is meant to be a fast paced, sort of adrenaline packed zoom fest. You need to be able to make plans as a team but need to also be self sufficient to a large degree. The team needs to know whats going on and everyone needs to react to things very rapidly and all of this takes place over the course of 15-25 minutes at the very latest.

All of that is meant to elicit a very fast and fun feeling. Adrenaline seems to be very much involved. Dominion succeeds at what it sets out to do. What I see here is akin to a chess player not likeing an FPS like Halo 3 because its not slow paced and cerebral enough. While the chess player may be right in that, they are merely unable or unwilling to enjoy what it is that makes Halo 3 fun.

CaliXO

09-22-2011

OP is emotionally attached to SR.... how cute

Zavrik

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystander View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with Dominion. This has to do completly with one's expectations. In this game the OP seems to have a certain expectation and Dominion is not meeting it. As a result of this personal expectation not being met, the OP doesn't allow himself to feel, or can't feel, whether conciously or not, what the game is meant to be. The game is meant to be a fast paced, sort of adrenaline packed zoom fest. You need to be able to make plans as a team but need to also be self sufficient to a large degree. The team needs to know whats going on and everyone needs to react to things very rapidly and all of this takes place over the course of 15-25 minutes at the very latest.

All of that is meant to elicit a very fast and fun feeling. Adrenaline seems to be very much involved. Dominion succeeds at what it sets out to do. What I see here is akin to a chess player not likeing an FPS like Halo 3 because its not slow paced and cerebral enough. While the chess player may be right in that, they are merely unable or unwilling to enjoy what it is that makes Halo 3 fun.
Best response yet, and probably a very accurate diagnosis.

Argotto

09-22-2011

Yep, way too fast, but I can still enjoy it.

TheAmpca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

there is a lack of teamwork basically because no one has figured out any strategies yet

Caryatid

09-22-2011

I understand the niche CS is trying to fill but I can't help but agree with the first two posters.

Nazzbrat

09-22-2011

I know Riot said they wanted a fast paced game on Dominion but I have to agree it is too fast. you have no time to think about what to do, and not enough time to focus on whats going on before your getting the **** beaten out of you.

Basically there is not enough time to strategize. your next action Let alone plan any sort of attack.and it does take away form the games playability and enjoyment.

Id like to see more maps Like Summoners Rift. with the possibility of 7v7 or maybe higher 9v9. now that would be Intense fighting.