Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My one issue with Dominion..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathwingduck

09-22-2011

I find dominion interesting, but I do not think it is amazing. Is it fun for a change of pace? Yes, but I think that it is far more individualistic than sr. Since you do not travel as a group champs that are great 1v1 champs become so overpowered it is not even funny. Akali pretty much just runs around killin everything in sight. The one fun thing I did do was play teemo with ghost. You are just so fast its rediculous, the enemy team spent 3 minutes chasing me around the map while i had under 100 health left.

KilusTheLegend

09-22-2011

wow... i didn't even need to read the OP post to realize that this thread is just straight ignorant.......
THEY INTENDED FOR DOMINION TO BE FAST........
Short Skirmishes describe Dominion..... and now ignorant people are complaining about what dominion is all about......

WhiteCastle7

09-22-2011

Quote:
GeneralFailur3:

Solution: Make Dominion custom games where you can set the number of nexus hp points by your own. For example 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 (for those who cant get enough lol).

This. Really. It would just be that amazing.

Zavrik

09-22-2011

I realize some people enjoy the short games, but like I was saying, I just cant get any satisfaction, no matter how this map goes. After 5 or so games, Its hard to even call it 'fun'

InstinctsKill

09-22-2011

Quote:
Geekweezul:
No, it needs to be short. That was the whole point of it. A mode where you don't have to spend 30-40 minutes.

Do not do anything to lengthen it, please.

Haven't actually gotten a chance to play yet, but from what I've seen, games could be as short as even 6 minutes. The gameplay is supposed to be fast, but I think fastpaced over shortened gameplay lengths would be much more fun and challenging. I really like the ideas I've heard thus far about upping the Nexus HP amounts. Even better would be to split it up into multiple game lengths (ie. separate game modes for 250 HP Nexuses and 500+ HP Nexuses).

Momento Morì

09-22-2011

I've noticed the exact opposite OP. Teams that don't know what they're doing are so astoundingly easy to steamroll.

PandaBrewz

09-22-2011

Maybe increase the amount of capture points and increase the Nexus HP as well?

Synthetic Sound

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Quote:
blubbernaught:
don't doubt your thoughts on this. It's possible that you may think that given the circumstances that the team itself are often scattered through out the map but that's how Capture and hold games usually work.

SR is a more team oriented game where all 5 of the members have specific jobs to deal with as the push is happening.

Dominion team base strats come in being able to bait. hold and push with the set number of people.
you may have one try to defend and keep others from catching while others try to push.
you'll have a roamer helping either push or the defense of the capture point. it's pretty normal in these type of games. even if it feels short. the game generally begins to extend on strategy not based on just what heroes are used but the best way to capture a point in what time setting.

3 captured point = 1 point lose per sec.
4 captured point = 2 points lose per sec.
5 captured points = 3 points lose per sec.

you can use that as an idealistic way of making up strategies on what you need to do as a team and set a goal to where you can either try to take the advantage or work your way out of a losing battle.

I thought it was compared to how many your opponent had.

5 to 0 = 5 hp lost
4 to 0 or 1 = 4-3 hp lost

and so on.

Zavrik

09-22-2011

Quote:
KilusTheLegend:
wow... i didn't even need to read the OP post to realize that this thread is just straight ignorant.......
THEY INTENDED FOR DOMINION TO BE FAST........
Short Skirmishes describe Dominion..... and now ignorant people are complaining about what dominion is all about......

Believe me, I completely realize Dominion was supposed to be fast. My argument is that it's to fast and I am unable to become emotionally vested in a game. Like playing a game of tetris that ends after 2 minutes.

Nokturnalex

09-22-2011

there should be an option to play a longer game of dominion like have the nexus's have 750 or 1000 hp instead of 500.

That way people without much time to play can enjoy a quick game and people who actually want to feel invested in their game can play a longer one. (5 caps will still end it quickly)

Everyone wins.