My one issue with Dominion..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zavrik

09-22-2011

It's too fast. I don't even feel connected to the game by the time the map is done. Even if you manage an insane comeback, there's no 'really satisfying' feeling. At least, not anywhere near the level of gratification that can be achieved on SR. There is virtually no teamwork. Just a loose group of 2-3 people that wander around together... sometimes. I feel the map is really geared towards the people who are unable to function within a team/unit.

What does everyone else think? Am I alone here?

Zavrik

09-22-2011

Maybe I am just to emotionally attached to SR to really enjoy Dominion.

Mindllapse

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavrik View Post
It's too fast. I don't even feel connected to the game by the time the map is done. Even if you manage an insane comeback, there's no 'really satisfying' feeling. At least, not anywhere near the level of gratification that can be achieved on SR. There is virtually no teamwork. Just a loose group of 2-3 people that wander around together... sometimes. I feel the map is really geared towards the people who are unable to function within a team/unit.

What does everyone else think? Am I alone here?
so play in an organized premade dominion team?

Zezaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-22-2011

I always thought that, but there are so many easy solutions to his.

Ex. Increase total Nexus HP to 750
Increase capture times
Change HP decay from 2 seconds to 3 seconds

All these changes would effectively lengthen gameplay without really any negative effect.

Mok

09-22-2011

don't doubt your thoughts on this. It's possible that you may think that given the circumstances that the team itself are often scattered through out the map but that's how Capture and hold games usually work.

SR is a more team oriented game where all 5 of the members have specific jobs to deal with as the push is happening.

Dominion team base strats come in being able to bait. hold and push with the set number of people.
you may have one try to defend and keep others from catching while others try to push.
you'll have a roamer helping either push or the defense of the capture point. it's pretty normal in these type of games. even if it feels short. the game generally begins to extend on strategy not based on just what heroes are used but the best way to capture a point in what time setting.

3 captured point = 1 point lose per sec.
4 captured point = 2 points lose per sec.
5 captured points = 3 points lose per sec.

you can use that as an idealistic way of making up strategies on what you need to do as a team and set a goal to where you can either try to take the advantage or work your way out of a losing battle.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

No, it needs to be short. That was the whole point of it. A mode where you don't have to spend 30-40 minutes.

Do not do anything to lengthen it, please.

Even on aTuseday

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavrik View Post
Maybe I am just to emotionally attached to SR to really enjoy Dominion.
or maybe dominion is bad.

Zavrik

09-22-2011

All good thoughts, really.

Bito Maney

09-22-2011

i love it the way it is, ur just going into it with the mentality of SR. dont.

GeneralFailur3

09-22-2011

I only played 5 dominion games yet, but what I love most about it is: That it is short. Sometimes i dont want to spend nearly an hour for a game. Please dont lengthen it! If it d get longer, maybe it would get more boring too..capturing and defending for eternety? No thanks..

Solution: Make Dominion custom games where you can set the number of nexus hp points by your own. For example 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 (for those who cant get enough lol).

Just thoughts.