Defenders don't get enough credit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Defending points and pushing minions to put pressure on the opposing point are not given enough credit. They are important roles to fill and I think people who do such should be awarded more points to incentivize people to defend more. Otherwise, the game mode is pretty fun though I think it was a bit overhyped by riot.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-22-2011

How many points is "enough?" I think it's fair to debate how many points everything should be worth. I was hoping to see some detailed feedback on that.

Draygo Korvan

09-22-2011

I played a game as janna, solod the bottom half of the map entirely and ended up with 600 points less than my team.

Dispite keeping at least 1 capture point on bot almost always ours by disrupting any attempt at capping it even against 2-3 champions. If they left me alone i'd go to their point on their side of the map and keep an eye on my point if i need to get back to it.

I held that point, it only flopped once to the entire enemy team came down to push me off it. The role i played seems very vital as it gave our team heavy advantages in other areas of the field of play.

But 600 points less. Bottom of the scoreboard.

Arem117

09-22-2011

I was playing Nasus and held bot for the entire match but I was lowest in score. Defenders need a lot more points especially since we won because they couldn't cap bot.

iEdgecrusher

09-22-2011

Defenders do need more points, if you weren't defending you wouldn't be winning. Now, it shouldn't be a huge amount of a difference but they do need to adjust it.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
How many points is "enough?" I think it's fair to debate how many points everything should be worth. I was hoping to see some detailed feedback on that.
I'm not entirely sure tbh. Right now it seems to be +5 every so often but only if you are actually standing on the point although I could be wrong about that. If you are defending that point while pushing minions into the other, I don't think you get the points. It should probably be at least 10-15 I think but I don't know for sure.

Jaystander

09-22-2011

I'm going to have to agree. Most of my Karma games I end up with among the worst scores, not in all I got 2nd and 3rd in two of them, but I defend like a bawse. I'll get dived by 3, die but kill all 3 and save the point. but since I am defending a lot of the game I just seemed to get shafted when it comes to points. It just makes me sad.

Unfuse

09-22-2011

The problem is, if you sit there defending with nobody attacking, you only gain 5 points a tick very slowly. the main amount of points comes from stopping caps, kills, and assists on point.

even if you were 'defending', leaving the cap zone negates all these points or lowers them. i agree it should be increased, but then you'd have people camping points, which is what they don't want.

pavi132

09-22-2011

Bump. Here is the problem with how the scoring is: Last game I played we won but only barely. The teemo passed right by the enemy capping our point to cap theirs when he could have easily delayed them with a few hits until the rest of us got there. All he did was try to backdoor cap points and talked about how he was the only one doing **** and we all sucked cause a few of us were defending so we didn't have as many points as him...

Arty

09-22-2011

I agree