My 1 Dominion complaint: Buying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

The main problem I have with Dominion is that given the pacing and speed, there is never a good time to buy, ever. Going back to buy will result in an enemy comeback. For example, I was 5/0/9 as Garen freshly capping our 4th node, with 3.5k gold in my pocket. I was still over half health and was required to remain there to defend the node. Imo, you should be allowed to at least buy behind any captured node. I'm not asking it to heal me, I just want to unload that gold without auto-losing my lead.

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

That's part of the game. I only buy when i'm dead.

Doctor Vosa

09-22-2011

I like this idea a lot. It would keep Dominion very fast paced.

ElJiggles

09-22-2011

I usually buy when I'm dead, or I pill when I want to get to a close point and I'm across the map from the spawn.

Valehntyn

09-22-2011

The problem with this is that it would prevent combacks from ever happening. The thing I like about Dominion is that at any point your team can comeback.

You have to choose between possibly losing a point, or possibly getting undergeared. It's part of the strategy.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-22-2011

Don't forget your enemy loses control when they buy too. Your cast time to b and the map size + speed shrines help mitigate this but just remember the disadvantage goes both ways. You either decide to hold and cap with what you have or you risk losing a node to "power up". Since this is a strategic decision for both sides it's fine.

EuryBartleby

09-22-2011

There is never a good reason to B in this mode. Buy only when dead, and defend your nodes even at 1 hp :P

Butterbean

09-22-2011

its like taking a pitstop in NASCAR.