Way to undermine your own authority, Riot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
And when you can predict someone making a mistake please let us know.
There are things called standard operating procedures (SOP). It's pretty common to have centralized community management hierarchies.

Quote:
Maybe this is the straw that takes away some privileges (sp?). Maybe they're having a pow-wow about it right now and pendragon is ripping them a new one. We don't know.
Perhaps it will be, and perhaps they are. It might be a good thing for them to discuss, hence why I threw in my 2 RP about it.

Quote:
Don't assume that because one mistake was made, more are sure to follow.
What? No. Do you live on the ****ing moon or something? In a business, you avoid liability, you plan for the worst case. You minimize risk. Once you realize something is a problem, you don't go, "Well we sure help that one doesn't happen again!" You change the system to make sure it can't happen again.

Quote:
Even with just one person deciding there can be mistakes.
You are absolutely correct, but the point is to have a small group of people who are able to maintain objectivity (IE not ban someone because they're currently ragin' over a loss), and are trained in the company procedures regarding community discipline. Eliminating risk is an ideal to strive toward, everyone knows you can't reach it, so you try to minimize risk as much as possible. This system minimizes risk.

CygnusX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Don't question Pendragon. / thread

Sourpatch

06-02-2010

Why do people make threads about threads that are closed. Get over it, it doesn't drastically affect your life -_-;

Morinav

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourpatch View Post
Why do people make threads about threads that are closed. Get over it, it doesn't drastically affect your life -_-;
The never-ending quest of the community to give Pendragon ulcers.

ChaosAxess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Also looking at that meet the riot staff announcement thing really makes me question Shurelia's ability to make decisions. Reading her's absolutely disgusted me.

Liquor

06-02-2010

Personally i think being banned for vulgarity until 2050 is harsh. I understand the 72 hour ban, or for a longer period of time. But Fourty ****ing years from now? Cmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAxess View Post
Also looking at that meet the riot staff announcement thing really makes me question Shurelia's ability to make decisions. Reading her's absolutely disgusted me.
Link please? I would like to see it too.

Sourpatch

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
The never-ending quest of the community to give Pendragon ulcers.
Pendragon doesn't deserve ulcers.