Way to undermine your own authority, Riot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moonberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-02-2010

Assuming that it was a first time offense. Which really means first time caught. I think he got what he deserved. He got scared about a ban until 2050, then upon review had it changed to 3 day with what most would call a probation period. This is of course assuming that he will be watched.

I think it is important to give warnings before making a perma-ban. Especially since people pay to unlock some things in this game, a good temp ban is a great warning if it happens again then I would want a harsher punishment.

I mean we all get rage when we have a bad game, I know this wasn't the case here but hear me out, if that small slip up could cause a perma-ban on first offense that just wouldn't seem fair. Then again letting them get away with it isn't acceptable either. There is a place that is in the middle that works.

If you read the whole thread you would know that Pendragon went and looked at the chat log which at least to me shows that upon review the claim had some merit, and that he will be watched.

ChaosAxess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

TC is probably the worst brownnoser I've ever seen in my life.

JonnyThinkChamp

06-02-2010

Hmmm. I trash talk my ass off, but I'd like to think I'd show some respect to a dev come the day I meet one in game. Game wouldn't be here without them.

Carabao

06-02-2010

Down vote me all you want, your immaturity about the said topic has already been discussed in the original thread. Your just trolling and trying to get more attention out of what had happened. Oh no this guy now has a three day ban, you act like its the end of the world for this kid.

ChaosAxess

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carabao View Post
Down vote me all you want, your immaturity about the said topic has already been discussed in the original thread. Your just trolling and trying to get more attention out of what had happened. Oh no this guy now has a three day ban, you act like its the end of the world for this kid.
Uh... Someone doesn't understand what's going on/didn't read.

SurrealEyebrow

06-02-2010

The permaban seemed pretty harsh. I'm all in favor of idiots getting banned, but since this seems to be the first time Riot has taken action against the summoner in question, a three-day ban is an appropriate warning. If he acts out again, he'll no doubt catch a more serious punishment.

Not that I would miss him if he did get permabanned. He seemed to be asking for it - but that doesn't mean the devs should do it. They should make every effort to deal with the situation dispassionately and fairly, and that appears to be what Pendragon did.

ChaosAxess

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyThinkChamp View Post
Hmmm. I trash talk my ass off, but I'd like to think I'd show some respect to a dev come the day I meet one in game. Game wouldn't be here without them.
It's not the fact that he was an ass to a dev, trust me the guy sounds like a total ******, but the fact that he got a permaban for a ridiculous reason.

Geekweezul

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakachu View Post
since we're just making **** up here due to lack of evidence, I'm much more inclined to believe that the dev, even if they returned fire, was infinitely less of an idiot than the OP of that thread obviously is. if you talk trash in an extremely over the top way to a dev, you're most likely going to get verbally pwnt, followed by a ban. that's what this guy got, or SHOULD have gotten.

even if that's not the case, the fact remains that this guy practically stood up and begged to be banned. he asked for it big time. he then cried crocodile tears on the forums after recieving that for which he asked, AND GOT IT REVERSED.

this dude probably has the biggest trollface on right now that you can possibly imagine. no way is he gonna change his behavior or attitude now, THAT's for sure.
I'm glad Riot has a staff that's willing to look into things. Even if it's one of their own abusing the ban system.

Whoever made the 40 year ban could have been having a bad day and overreacted...Pendragon most likely discussed it with them, looked over the logs, realized the banned dude did break the rules, but not enough for such an extreme ban. So he reversed it.

I'm very glad we have people like Pendragon watching over things.

Only the people involved know the whole story. YOU DO NOT. So don't come out here making threads like this when you have no idea what you're actually talking about.

ddaimyo

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAxess View Post
I knew it was this.

Did you read the whole thread? Penndragon said he would review the chat, he probably did and saw that the dev was **** talking too or something. He had a reason for what he did. Be it people may have been making good points, or he realized a permaban for a first offense is absolutely stupid for a customer who actually donates to the game.

Either way the topic was closed for a reason, so stop discussing it.

also, ib circle-jerk downvoting on my post

Bleak Soul

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAxess View Post
or he realized a permaban for a first offense is absolutely stupid for a customer who actually donates to the game.
So it's ok to be a jerk as long as you pay for it?