Way to undermine your own authority, Riot.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freakachu

06-02-2010

read this thread's OP, then read the last post. the whole thing is worth reading but the first and last is the TL;DR.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=126637

I'm seriously raging right now over this, I can't even believe it.

apparently, rules mean just about nothing now, since even if you break them, repeatedly, in the presence of riot staff, you just have to play victim on the forums and your punishment will be lessened or reversed.

why should anyone even think twice about being a complete nimrod after seeing a thread like this? nothing presented in that thread seemed to show that this dude's ban was unwarrented. flaunting your own violations of the rules brazenly, in front of riot staff no less, is plenty of grounds to have an example made out of you, which is what SHOULD have happened. that thread SHOULD have stood as a warning to all the tools out there who think swearing up a storm at people is cool or even acceptable.

instead it stands as a stark reminder that your actions in game have no consequences and all bets are officially off. don't give me the "lol nub, /ignore! swear filter is there for a reason LMAOPLANES!!1!", that is a seriously old, tired, and most of all empty arguement. filters and mute features are there because riot knows it can't effectively police EVERY GAME, not so they don't have to. rules are there for a reason and contrary to popular belief, the reason is not "to be broken."

I wish I could say to expect mass quits over this, but I'm not so stupid as to believe people online have any kind of morals or standards. hell, I know *I* am not going to quit over it. I have however lost a great deal of respect for riot in general and will proceed to lol heartily from now on whenever they talk about how they're going to TOTALLY start enforcing rules FO REALZ THIS TIME any minute now. it will never happen.

Syztem

06-02-2010

Agreed. Can't believe that ****** got off that easy.

i lagged i swear

06-02-2010

Permaban his DNA imo.

ChaosAxess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

I knew it was this.

Did you read the whole thread? Penndragon said he would review the chat, he probably did and saw that the dev was **** talking too or something. He had a reason for what he did. Be it people may have been making good points, or he realized a permaban for a first offense is absolutely stupid for a customer who actually donates to the game.

Either way the topic was closed for a reason, so stop discussing it.

also, ib circle-jerk downvoting on my post

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

tl'dr

Carabao

06-02-2010

That guy deserved it for what he instigated.

Brees

06-02-2010

oh no! we have level-headed and fair devs!

sky b fallin.

Joe Condor

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyloslawer View Post
tl'dr
A thousand times this. Your Tl;Dr took us to another thread of texts.

Please explain for people who weren't there to witness this

ChaosAxess

06-02-2010

Also if you really think that people saying "ignore and swear filters are there for a reason" you're ignoring the obvious truth.

ChaosAxess

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
oh no! we have level-headed and fair devs!

sky b fallin.
qft

12345 ... 7