Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about items and about dodge.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zertull

06-02-2010

Hey, well I didn't know where else to post this but...well here goes:

My questions are about items such as trinity force and sheen, where you use an ability and it triggers an effect that adds bonus damage to your next attack. While I am fairly certain that the effects from lich bane and sheen do not stack...what about trinity force and sheen/lich bane? Since one is based off of attack damage and the other is based off of ability power.

Furthermore I have a question about dodge: simply, what is the cap for dodge? Or is there one?

SomniumProxy

06-02-2010

About the items - no, none of them stack. They all count as variations of sheen :/ (to prevent abuses)

About dodge - while there is no cap, it doesn't stack straight forward as a stat. If you have two sources of dodge, and each gives 10%, you won't get 10+10=20. You will get 10%100 + 10%90 (the remianing) = 19%

So each source of dodge after the initial does not effect the global chance but just the remaining one. Thus, you can never have 100% =)

Urobolus

06-02-2010

There is no cap to Dodge, but the more dodge you get, the less valuable it becomes.

Say you've got a Ninja Tabi, that's 12% Dodge right there. Get a Phantom Dancer for 20% more Dodge, except since you already have an item that adds Dodge, it won't be 20%. More like 14 or 15%. Get another Phantom Dancer. This'll add about 9 or 10% dodge. Another will be like 6 or 7.

In other words, stacking dodge isn't always smart (unless you're Jax).

Guuses

Recruiter

06-03-2010

Max dodge i've had was with a Sivir, wanted to test it. I ended with 81% Dodge Chance.
All above about dodge is rigth, i've tested it ^^