Corki really, really hurts.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

09-19-2009

His ult doesn't do that much, it scales poorly with AP and it's pretty hard to hit with. Using Valkyrie offensively puts you in danger. And Phosphorous Bomb is great but really short range. His movement is really clunky too, in particular he turns slow as molasses. I don't think he's that OP has an AP build - haven't tried building him physical yet.

ben4zwin

09-19-2009

He does need to be nerfed. I had him with guinsoos rageblade, madreds bloodrazor, and I could kill towers in 4 seconds. Every shot did like 250-250 damage to the towers, and with guinsoos you get maxed on attack speed really quickly

His moves arent great although gatling is good, but he can solo anything at endgame. I solod an inhibitor tpwer then the inhibitor, and they couldnt do anything because I was done too quickly, so I then ran over to the mid inhib tower killed it and left. He cant own in fights but if your team is fighting an enemy then you have time to wreck anything you want.

Doctor Awesome

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben4zwin View Post
He does need to be nerfed. I had him with guinsoos rageblade, madreds bloodrazor, and I could kill towers in 4 seconds. Every shot did like 250-250 damage to the towers, and with guinsoos you get maxed on attack speed really quickly

His moves arent great although gatling is good, but he can solo anything at endgame. I solod an inhibitor tpwer then the inhibitor, and they couldnt do anything because I was done too quickly, so I then ran over to the mid inhib tower killed it and left. He cant own in fights but if your team is fighting an enemy then you have time to wreck anything you want.
Matey, ye might want t' check yer logic on that 'un. Any bloke swaggerin' about with th' Rageblade an' th' Bloodrazor's bound ta be takin' a mighty big piece out o' anythin' in his way, not jes' ol' Corki. Corki does it only a wee bit better, but that don't mean he be broken.

Coronach

Game Designer

09-19-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
Matey, ye might want t' check yer logic on that 'un. Any bloke swaggerin' about with th' Rageblade an' th' Bloodrazor's bound ta be takin' a mighty big piece out o' anythin' in his way, not jes' ol' Corki. Corki does it only a wee bit better, but that don't mean he be broken.
Not commenting at all on the balance of Corki, but you sir are living up to your name with this post.

eddysamson

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
Not commenting at all on the balance of Corki, but you sir are living up to your name with this post.
Sounds more dwarven then pirate, I say he fails.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-19-2009
2 of 3 Riot Posts

It be the thought that counts, me hearty!

Karrot

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
His ult doesn't do that much, it scales poorly with AP and it's pretty hard to hit with. Using Valkyrie offensively puts you in danger. And Phosphorous Bomb is great but really short range. His movement is really clunky too, in particular he turns slow as molasses. I don't think he's that OP has an AP build - haven't tried building him physical yet.
Phosphorus bomb is longer range than Frostbite. His ult isn't that hard to hit with, especially given how many shots you get (and if you hit them all, in a group battle, then it's ... what, 1.5k+ aoe damage?)

He seems much better with a physical build than an AP one.

Quinnister

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
Aye, methinks 'mongst all the Champions, narry a one can lay on th' fire like Cap'n Corki. Catchin' a bloke long enough to be a-layin' the fire, now, that's th' real trouble, that be. Plenty o' Hell on that helly-copter, he has, but narry a slow or a stun t' be found. Give the ol' mate a fine crew to be doin' the snarin' and such, tho', and it be smooth sailin'.
This sums up my experience with Corki.

He does extremely well with other people. He is good at harassing early but he has nothing to really back him up, disable-wise. He's not a guy like Ryze, who can do an insane amount of stun + damage 1v1, but was made to do a large amount of damage spread out over a group.

Shadowen

09-19-2009

I played a game with Corki absalutely Rapeing everyone in seconds and multiples at once. I thought it was OP crazyness. But then I realized a couple of my teammates been feeding him so he got some great items really early. After a lil bit of avoiding him and getting poweredup, we were taking him out together, and not long after two of us were equally as strong as him or more so, taking him out 1 on 1.
Unfortunately its not the Hero but how Item Dependant this game can be.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-19-2009
3 of 3 Riot Posts

He's an example of how a champion becomes OP when everything about them is a little OP

its not any one specific skill. I'd say if anything its the power of rockets combined with the ease with which he autofarms with gatling gun, but really, we could nerf anything and probably end up OK. I am voting nerf AP coeff on rockets + make gatling gun less crazy on farming