Akali is mad op in dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marius Caesar

09-23-2011

I'm 2 - 1 with Akali, with the 1 loss pretty much a complete blowout (0/7/0 fiddles on my team)
And the two games with akali i crushinated and got 1st place... and one of those games was my very first game on Dominion ever.

She's a skirmisher. She excels in skirmishes. Dominion is the land of skirmishes.
Same thing with how Riven is from the top down a skirmisher and she typically crushinates.

That being said, Akali is definitely not unmanagable...
I played Tryndamere against an Akali and had the sense to start off with a longsword towards an eventual early Lightbringer. Me and some other AD champ used Lightbringer whenever she showed up and we sat on her so hard.
The other time i faced an Akali i was an Akali as well... Guess what, Hextech Sweeper is phenomenal on an Anti-Akali Akali. AP, CDR, and health? And the magic-damage-reveal ability? Yes please. I got it early on and it made the difference - at the time i bought the sweeper we were roughly even in scores but once i got sweeper it was easy for me to focus just the enemy akali in all future fights. CDR/Health/AP is great for casters too. It would be a staple for a Vlad or a Sona whenever you go against a stealth opponent.

Akali is entirely managable.

Edyll

09-23-2011

Akali is manageable, but somehow I always see her do extremely well in terms of K/D/A (resulting in her team controlling more points).

Like, frequently see her win 2v1's even without stealth.

StandAloneX

09-23-2011

Akali meet Riven... Problem solved.

Stinglock

09-23-2011

I fought it was callded domenion. :S

A Retarded Clown

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Valid point on SR. In DM everyone gets kills no matter how bad they are. She's gonna snowball. Yi is gonna snowball, thats just the way DM works. You can't out play another champ and deny them levels and gold. Any slight champ imbalances that SR evens out are magnified in DM.
what do you mean by outplay? If you mean by turret hugging like a little ***** and waiting for jungle ganks then its not them whose bad its you. You are too reliant on using stupid skillless numbers advantage to win.

I've seen some good players on dominion, and they've outmicroed/juked and destroyed akalis. This is the diff b/w a good player and one who just knws how to farm.

DM is better for ppl with great micro/strategic skill and SR is better for people who prefer to have skill in last hitting, warding and killing jungle creeps.

Tell me which one actually takes more skill/timing

Marius Caesar

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edyll View Post
Akali is manageable, but somehow I always see her do extremely well in terms of K/D/A (resulting in her team controlling more points).

Like, frequently see her win 2v1's even without stealth.
My Trynd example had akali at some kind of 5/7/1 score at the end i think.
And my akali-v-akali match had me at 21/8/14 while the enemy akali was 15/14/14.
To give further perspective, two of my teammates had more kills than the enemy Akali.

And i must disagree with Daethr in the ward department.
Intelligence is everything in combat and i'd love to be able to ward some of the center area... i don't want my ass ambushed while i move to relieve the windmill from the bottom end of the map.

jokull

09-23-2011

lightbringer on a tanky dps also works wonders on her, i played as akali against a trundle with lightbringer and the new version of bloodthirster, and couldnt do a single thing. if i found him, he would kill me

Orphane

09-23-2011

Lightbringer is godly and I wish it were on Summoner's Rift

undreaming

09-23-2011

Akali too power, nurf Riot pls, kthbai

Hoboken

09-23-2011

Yeah the lightbringer almost crushes her by itself.