Take Revive out of Domion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tummy87

12-28-2012

There is a serious gameplay issue if everyone feels the NEED to take revive. It's seriously over adjusted for domion to the point, that it breaks games.

naotasan

12-28-2012

I'm not taking it because I need to. I'm taking it because I want to.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

If all 10 players have access to it, it can't possibly "break the game", especially when it has the exact same effect on every champions regardless of class.

MyDeadGrandma

12-28-2012

"Guys, please remove revive so I can take ignite and exhaust and win every duel botlane with no real thought process"

Redenbacher

12-28-2012

All of the summoner spells need to be looked at and balanced for Dominion. Revive is just a band-aid for the time being.

Tummy87

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
"Guys, please remove revive so I can take ignite and exhaust and win every duel botlane with no real thought process"

Your post wasn't very constructive. Either way, no one is saying to devalue it to the point of uselessness. It's just far to adjusted for Dominion versus other summoner spells.

Tummy87

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades79 View Post
If all 10 players have access to it, it can't possibly "break the game", especially when it has the exact same effect on every champions regardless of class.

Not really. As it devalues the other options. Your logic would suggest not to balance out summoner spells because everyone has access to revive. That doesn't follow Riot's intentions on game balance.

bierfaust

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy87 View Post
There is a serious gameplay issue if everyone feels the NEED to take revive. It's seriously over adjusted for domion to the point, that it breaks games.
While this is true, as Mydeadgrandma points out, having 1 mandatory spell prevents a player from taking 2 overpowered combat spells.

And yes, exhaust/ignite are overpowered, no spell should have that much power. Summoner spells are probably one of the biggest problems with this game, not just DOM. They are too powerful for something that cannot be banned, or removed via a game mode option.

If they were tethered to items that required you to build them in order to gain these features, that's a different story. But as it stands, having 1 combat spell isn't as bad as someone having 2 combat spells and would more than likely cause more problems by allowing already strong champions to become exceptional even overpowered duelists.

bierfaust

12-28-2012

Quite honestly I think the best thing they could do is disable all summoner spells on DOM and then make DOM specific spells. They already have in some cases so it makes sense to rework all of them to suit the game mode they are being used in.

bierfaust

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades79 View Post
Because being dead is supposed to have an impact. With revive it does not.

Same issue as with the rez timer handicap system, which is currently broken and needs to be removed entirely TBH.

If you kill someone, then that death needs to have a rewarding impact on the game and in favour of the team that killed said player. Currently, in regards to revive and the death timers, you get almost no benefit from killing enemy players at crucial moments in the game and I'm not just talking about the last 10 secs when a tower cap is the difference between a win or a loss.