When I see Ryze as the enemy's main caster...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lost Visage

06-02-2010

I lol.

Ryze's spell flux got nerfed again in the last patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Ryze
  • Base damage increased to 50 from 47
  • Armor increased to 11 from 10
  • Armor per level increased to 3.9 from 3.7
  • Spell Flux magic resistance debuff no longer stacks
  • Spell Flux magic resistance debuff increased to 15 from 12
Sure, the stats are nice... but I don't build Ryze as a DPS to begin with. About the biggest thing here is the armor increase, which is good for Ryze, but it's not what I was looking for.

Before, you could actually kill somebody with Spell Flux by reducing the enemy's MR to 36, now all spell flux does is create pretty animation. The MR reducing capability has been reduced by nearly 60% for a single champion, and that's all Ryze was good for before.

Keep in mind, that this is pre nerf nerf nerf, if I remember correctly, Ryze was nerfed 3 times before this one.

Is this a real nerf? With the stat increases, no, but I'll take my Morgana and Malhazar before I choose Ryze again. Morgana contributes strong stuns, slows, MR debuffs, and CC cleanses to the team. Malhazar does huge damage at a safe distance, has amazing pushing power, can gank anybody, and even with cleanse, is still a beast spell caster.

What does Ryze contribute to team fights now? Well, he can fire is spell flux... and pray that it hits each champion once to provide max MR debuff.

Please, Riot, Ryze used to be fun to play. Now when I see him on the other team, I can already see an easy win for me. Not that I see him that much, he's been nerfed to oblivion and nobody except low ELO players play him.

Edit: Down voted even though everybody agrees with me? o_0

<3 you, too, trolls

Prosecutor Godot

06-02-2010

Quote:
ryze
base damage increased to 50 from 47
They buffed his physical damage so he can autoattack me to death too,

FFS RIOT!

Aicasia

06-02-2010

When I see four mages on the enemy team, I laugh.

JunkRamen

06-02-2010

Yeah, not sure why they neutered him like that without buffing his later game scaling. Is he really THAT dominant in low Elo?

Awesome Carry

06-02-2010

The MR changes were done as they wanted to nerf armor/magic penetration across the board, though Ryze really does need something in return, he was very weak as it was.

Mpalm

06-02-2010

Ryze is probably pretty terrible at this point.

Prosecutor Godot

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Ryze is probably pretty terrible at this point.
Second worst caster after Veigar probably. Third if you count Evelynn, but her archetype is a little different.

remanemporor

06-02-2010

i laugh as well. Hes kinda bad most of the time unless played by someone realllly good

Floatzel

06-02-2010

I think you have poor experience with ryze players and don't really know what you are talking about. 20 pen isn't as significant when ALL pen got nerfed.

Killer Potato

06-02-2010

Interesting. I started as a Ryze when I first started playing a couple of weeks ago, when he was one of the free champs. At low levels I used to dominate with him, but at 15+, forget it. I think every caster I faced in mid to late game did better dmg than me.. even the yetti o_o

edit: **assuming I went for mostly AP**