Dominion: Offensive GG's and you.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blumpz

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
OR I can actually show good sportsmanship by congratulating the enemy team on good maneuvers and strategies, sympathizing with them when dumb things happen ("bah, you guys had afk, bg"), etc. instead of just mindlessly typing "gg" without meaning it.
In general, thats what GG means. Please read earlier statement. Thanks

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Well I guess now that it is declared offensive to say " GG" after a win ( unless the losing team initiates it ) I will be more aware and never use that term again. Personally to me I understand the pre mature GG's are annoying, but rude? On the internet? R U SERIOUS?

Efrim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpz View Post
Leave it to the blizzard pampered gamers to ruin a saying....why does it always involve blizzard rofl. Try looking up other games, that invented it, such as various FPS games and not a bunch of crybabies who solely play blizzard games because they give in the weak minded so much.

Uh. Well I played the original Quake, and the Original Starcraft in the 1990s.the first time I saw GG used was Starcraft, so I'd put my money on them having it first. As that was roughly 14 years ago.

Also, a lot of people do have a point, this community does not seem to understand how to use GG properly, or with any respect, and it is worth mentioning. It's not really QQing to point out something obvious.

Roninjinn

09-23-2011

The WORSE is when someone on your team calls GG too early.

I played a game last night, and I went to go cap a point while my team was engaged in a team fight on the opposite side of the map, Xin decides that I'm an idiot, tells me I dont know how to play, goes in all chat and screams "GG, RIVENS N0OB" followed by a couple more lines of profanity and ****. I simply responded with exaclty what you would expect... "Xin.... Shhhh"

15 minutes later (yes, because he called GG less than 5 minutes into the match), we won.

The game ain't over til it's over people!

AntiSanta

09-23-2011

You do know there's only like 10 seconds of time after the Nexus explodes to say gg right?

If you don't get it in before the nexus explodes, only 3 people get to gg and no one has time to read their names, either.

Ariezs

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Offensive GG's are great because when the offending team loses you get to gloat all the more enthusiastically.
Bullying the bully is not how you fix the problem.

Actually, their pride would be hurt even deeper if you actually don't say anything, or just say "gg".

I actually dislike it deeply when players on the opposing team "offensive gg" and someone on my team starts an argument with them after we do win. "HAHA, WHAT WERE U SAYIN AGIAN HEHEHEH", erm, no, that's just as bad.

Don't do that.

PooOnUrChest69

09-23-2011

If they GG you and you comeback and win just throw it in their face and taught them repeatedly until they are no longer in chat. Next time they will probably think twice about saying GG before they have clearly won.

Drukyul

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpz View Post
In general, thats what GG means. Please read earlier statement. Thanks
Ah, gotcha. Mindless spam = good sportsmanship. Thanks.

PwngorStormfiend

09-23-2011

Played a game yesterday, we were down about 200 points due to some bad early strats, enemy rammus said "GG you noobs suck", We came back and stomped them, I bet he regreted his choice of words.

blumpz

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrim View Post
Uh. Well I played the original Quake, and the Original Starcraft in the 1990s.the first time I saw GG used was Starcraft, so I'd put my money on them having it first. As that was roughly 14 years ago.

Also, a lot of people do have a point, this community does not seem to understand how to use GG properly, or with any respect, and it is worth mentioning. It's not really QQing to point out something obvious.
Well you're right, but it started in quake, but you also have a point along the lines of no one has a brain in this community, which is why its 90% full of failures.

edit: that's if you don't count real sports :P