Dominion: Offensive GG's and you.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blumpz

Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
Every time someone has said "gg" in a lopsided game and I asked them what was "good" about the game, they say "well it was good for us lol". It has nothing to do with sportsmanship.
Well instead of crying about it, be the better man and say GG by showing good sportsmanship. And maybe spend next time playing better instead of dwelling on someone else having it and not yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkerion

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I don't think that this really should be considered rude, at least right now. People I think are still stuck in the SR mindset that the game can be decided well before it's actually finished; it takes a few experiences clawing back from a 4-120 deficit to victory to understand that you can't really call GG in Dominion until the nexus explodes.
This times 1000, I dont know why the **** people are trying to apply SR types on this new mode no matter how many times I say it. That with "Minions are useless stop pushing them" makes me facepalm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Sloth MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

I agree it seems like nobody in the LoL community understands that it's rude to initiate gg's when you're the winner. I see it almost every game in Summoner's Rift (there's usually at least 1 a-hole who doesn't get it, or just wants to be rude) and I'm sure Dominion will be the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blumpz

Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoCaldippian View Post
I agree it seems like nobody in the LoL community understands that it's rude to initiate gg's when you're the winner. I see it almost every game in Summoner's Rift (there's usually at least 1 a-hole who doesn't get it, or just wants to be rude) and I'm sure Dominion will be the same.
I agree, it seems that nobody in the LoL community understands that GG means "good game", in other words, had fun. Please do a little research and stop crying about good sportsmanship.

Here I'll even quote someone on it:

"Good Game"

1. A polite remark uttered after the end of a round, game, or other measured interval to indicate that a match was fair and enjoyable. Usually uttered collectively by the occupants of a game server. The opposite of BG


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

One time the opponent said an offensive gg when we had ~20 points left and they had ~200.

They ended up losing.


WHO'S GETTIN THE GG NOW BIATCH!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whyumai

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozie View Post
Now I know I shouldn't expect much from the LoL community, and I guess I've been spoiled by SC2 but do people in LoL not know you shouldn't gg until the game is over and its considered rude to do so?

With the release of Dominion, offensive GGing has become much more apparent Don't offensive GG, it makes you look like an ass.
I find it more amusing when someone calls someone else a noob in the beta test of a new map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Sloth MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpz View Post
I agree, it seems that nobody in the LoL community understands that GG means "good game", in other words, had fun. Please do a little research and stop crying about good sportsmanship.

Here I'll even quote someone on it:

"Good Game"

1. A polite remark uttered after the end of a round, game, or other measured interval to indicate that a match was fair and enjoyable. Usually uttered collectively by the occupants of a game server. The opposite of BG
The thing is, when you say "gg" as the winner, if the other team did not believe that the game was fair and enjoyable then you are in fact not being a good sport because you're treating them in a manner that is offensive to them. You're reminding a player who may be already upset that they lost due to a perceived unfairness or simply didn't enjoy the game for another reason, and you're saying that you had a great time while they were having a miserable one, thereby rubbing it in. If you had a modicum of tact or good sportsmanship you could completely avoid this situation by either waiting to reply to their "gg" or saying something else like "well played," or offering a compliment to their players that will make them feel better about the loss, even if they didn't think it was fair or didn't have fun. For example, if I solo mid against a good player whose 4 teammates proceed to feed and cause him to lose, and then nobody's saying "gg," I'll say something like "Nice Kennen play, tough laning against you." This way I don't step on anybody's toes and can still be a good sport.

Here, let me quote someone:

Quote:
a game is conceded by typing "gg" (good game) or one of its variants, as a compliment of the opponent's good play. . . . The winning player will type "gg" back as a sign of mutual respect. . . . Offensive GG - Typing in the gg "for" your opponent, basically indicating the game is over. Very rude behaviour that is frowned upon severely.
source: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gamer_Etiquette

Just because you think it's good sportsmanship doesn't mean it is, because there is a difference between the literal meaning of a phrase and the implied or inferred meaning. I can say that your sister is "good" in bed and even though I've said something positive about her from my perspective, you are likely to be offended by it. If I say "I had a great day working with you guys today" to my co-workers after I've been promoted and they all got pay cuts they're going to be pissed. So no, I'm not "crying" about good sportsmanship, I'm lamenting that there are so many people who are too dumb to realize they're being bad sports while ignorantly thinking they're being good sports.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blumpz

Member

09-23-2011

Leave it to the blizzard pampered gamers to ruin a saying....why does it always involve blizzard rofl. Try looking up other games, that invented it, such as various FPS games and not a bunch of crybabies who solely play blizzard games because they give in the weak minded so much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpz View Post
Well instead of crying about it, be the better man and say GG by showing good sportsmanship. And maybe spend next time playing better instead of dwelling on someone else having it and not yourself.
OR I can actually show good sportsmanship by congratulating the enemy team on good maneuvers and strategies, sympathizing with them when dumb things happen ("bah, you guys had afk, bg"), etc. instead of just mindlessly typing "gg" without meaning it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blumpz

Member

09-23-2011

Now that you bring it up though, that sir, is what is wrong with the LoL community. So many people just assume they are correct on things without even looking into them. For instance if your teammate tries to give you input on a good build for your hero or some simple things you can improve on, everyone loves to hop on the "ignored" train, or "oh hes trolling" one as well. It's quite sad honestly. I'd laugh to think that someone would prob post on here that they do that to everyone, even at his or her workplace for that matter lol. The bottom line is, it's never you, it's them mindset. It will never change, not with the way companies pamper their communities so much now-a-days instead of letting it be player run like it used to be.