Dominion: Offensive GG's and you.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madman24k

09-23-2011

Oh ok, lol. I thought I fell in this category. I was playing last night and the other side had ten or less points left and we had over 2/5ths of the turrets, so I cast out a "gg". That still rude?

Eraste

09-23-2011

I miss the days of old unreal tournament, was GG was said by all and honestly at the end of the match. Winners and losers enjoyed the match, running around and just fragging. No perks, no fancy expierience, no morons. Awww, the good old days.

madman24k

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraste View Post
I miss the days of old unreal tournament, was GG was said by all and honestly at the end of the match. Winners and losers enjoyed the match, running around and just fragging. No perks, no fancy expierience, no morons. Awww, the good old days.
I kinda think that happens more in Dominion. I've seen WAY less people rage so far than on SR

Sokel

09-23-2011

Here's the problem with LoL in general. Doesn't matter the game mode. The winners ALWAYS say 'gg' first and it's offensive to me. I always wait for the loser of the match to say it, otherwise, I'll never ever say it.

In the Unreal Tournament series, everyone said 'gg' after the game was over, win or loss. Especially in CTF or TDM. Some servers, whom ever was caught saying gg before the end or using it to taunt were kicked usually on sight if the admin was present. It was etiquette.

In the StarCraft/WarCraft (not wow) series, the loser always says 'gg' first, especially in broodwar. This was apparent in a lot of the proleague games. It was important the loser of the match said it first. If they don't say it, you never say it to them if you won. This is considered an offense because more than likely, that person is upset, and saying it will upset them even more. Again, etiquette.

However, League, it's different. The winner always says it first, and it annoys the living hell out of me. I don't like it. I never say gg unless my opponent has beaten me or until my opponent (that has lost) says it first. Period.

GoldenWalrus

09-23-2011

Saying gg way before the game is over is annoying and only used to aggravate someone. However, if I say gg when I won (and you haven't said it yet) I couldn't care less if that offends you. I consider it polite to say gg no matter what; if they have a leaver I'll generally go with 'gg, bl on the leaver'. Just a habit from playing sport i spose - it's just what you do.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
I concur, this happens ALOT. Today I had a game where the team thought they won did a GG before anyone on our team did... Then proceeded to get pushed back 3 more times saying GG everytime they thought they won. Eventually they did win but it was still very unsportsmanlike.

The internet is a pretty immature community of players, I've tried to explain offensive gg to the other team respectfully so they know because maybe they don't know. Only to get told "gg noob, you suck".
fixed

blumpz

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozie View Post
Now I know I shouldn't expect much from the LoL community, and I guess I've been spoiled by SC2 but do people in LoL not know you shouldn't gg until the game is over and its considered rude to do so?

With the release of Dominion, offensive GGing has become much more apparent Don't offensive GG, it makes you look like an ass.

/facepalm

They say GG to be nice, and to say "GOOD" game, what do you want them to talk trash instead? Grow up, if you are going to complain, at least have something to complain about. Lol....complaining about good sportsmanship.

Flamecloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

One of my first Dominion games someone said 'GG' before the gate even dropped, just because our Tristana didn't have an item yet....

really?

PC Console

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokel View Post
Here's the problem with LoL in general. Doesn't matter the game mode. The winners ALWAYS say 'gg' first and it's offensive to me. I always wait for the loser of the match to say it, otherwise, I'll never ever say it.

In the Unreal Tournament series, everyone said 'gg' after the game was over, win or loss. Especially in CTF or TDM. Some servers, whom ever was caught saying gg before the end or using it to taunt were kicked usually on sight if the admin was present. It was etiquette.

In the StarCraft/WarCraft (not wow) series, the loser always says 'gg' first, especially in broodwar. This was apparent in a lot of the proleague games. It was important the loser of the match said it first. If they don't say it, you never say it to them if you won. This is considered an offense because more than likely, that person is upset, and saying it will upset them even more. Again, etiquette.

However, League, it's different. The winner always says it first, and it annoys the living hell out of me. I don't like it. I never say gg unless my opponent has beaten me or until my opponent (that has lost) says it first. Period.
This

Drukyul

09-23-2011

Every time someone has said "gg" in a lopsided game and I asked them what was "good" about the game, they say "well it was good for us lol". It has nothing to do with sportsmanship.