Riot Staff threatening in game bans for mild verbal antagonizing

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImTheFool

06-02-2010

I completely agree that there should be a mature server, for people who can handle a little in-game banter. I hate when people take what other people say too seriously and all worked up over it. Though, I do not think they will unban you. Good luck obliterating level ones. XD. +I do believe we should be able to rage at our teammates because they made us lose a game we went flawless in.

ChaosAxess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

I mean maybe OP went over the top, but it still doesn't seem fair to ban someone for trash talking when there's an implemented ignore feature. It's also up to the actual player whether they should respond to it or not.

ChecKsixX

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
From my understanding you dropped the C word at her.. You NEVER call a girl that. Along with over the top taunting and cursing at her. If that's not begging to be banned then I don't know what is.. I guess lesson learned?

So her profanity filter was off? Curse words come up as ****, if she has profanity filter off then she needs to be able to handle these grown up words.

ALL im saying is a permanant ban for this is out of line.

The lesson doesnt need to be a complete removal of all ive put into your company as well as time taken out of my life (not that i didnt enjoy every minute)

Edwy

The Council

06-02-2010

Strange, your definition of mature is completely different from mine.

Apokalupsis

06-02-2010

A couple things...

1) Taunters can ruin the experience for other players. It isn't just a simple "Gotch!" or "Bam! Headshot!" you were doing. If you were saying **** like that all game...it can be considered harassment, which is a no-no. I hate players like that. It is not in "good fun" as you say.

2) That being said...a perma-ban is too harsh. In order to be justified (for a perma-ban), there really should be some concrete rules/policies posted somewhere instead of a vague "don't harass" other players statement in a thread by a Riot rep. Perma banning is serious business, esp when it comes to people who are paying money for a product. If they deserve it, sure. But it needs to be very clear what is and is not allowed, and this needs to be posted publicly.

I agree that a temporary suspension would be in order...but this assumes that the only things happening, are what you posted (and nothing worse).

3) Lastly...re: not doing if someone is a true Riot rep or not...that is completely irrelevant. The rules don't change based on who is playing. All players deserve to be treated with respect. If a player is a ******...which we know there are plenty of here...then use the /ignore and report features of the game.

OH....almost forgot...Riot is trying to clamp down on the ******baggery that has run rampant for so long. See the Summoner's Code thread for the direction they are trying to go: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=108083

While I agree with you that the punishment seems a bit tough...I just can't bring myself to care too much about it because I don't like the type of behavior you engage in, in game. It is not "good fun" to most people...and to make money and grow the product...a company must appeal to "most people" instead of the few who have fun ruining for others.

/end rant

Weezy

06-02-2010

There is always a point to know when to stop. I trash talk on the regular, but i do it in a sarcasm kind of sense instead of a i hate the world sense. You can always tell the difference from one that knows his boundary's and the ones that don't care where their feet fall.

Instead of " HAHA I OWNED UR FACE!!! PWNED "
Just say " Did my knuckle sandwich taste as good for me as it did for you? "

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Banning for language is ridiculous. If the guy exploits, hacks, uses an illegal third party program...sure kick him out. Banning him because some girl got her feelings hurt in an online video game? Give me a break.

HeyJon

06-02-2010

perm ban them i was banned from warhammer online for 3 days for cursing at little kids ;(

unceunce

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChecKsixX View Post

Perhaps in the future "MATURE" servers should be looked into.
^Irony

But hey we're one step closer with you gone

Geekweezul

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChecKsixX View Post
A jerk? Most pro players understand that this game entails lots of MIND GAMES within each match...juking people, false movements, as well as verbal distraction. As long as it falls within "pwnt noob" catagories it should be fine.
So we're just supposed to believe you when you say it was "mild verbal antagonizing"? You provide no proof to back up your claims.

Sorry, sounds like you were in the wrong, you got dealt with, and now you're crying.

1234567 ... 12