Riot Staff threatening in game bans for mild verbal antagonizing

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChecKsixX

06-02-2010

League of Legends is by far the most fun strat game ive played in yearssss.
Ive donated money countless times as well as have brought numerous additional players to the world.

Perhaps my significance as just one more player amidst the vast community is overlooked, but every player esspecially veterans deserve fair treatment withing the set agreement of LOL.

I recently destroyed a devs team by the name of Shurelia at the time "RiotReimu" and as i do in most games, taunted the majority of the game...esspecially after getting threats of a suspension! The game went on, we won...and that was that!

The dev Shurelia continued to promise she was going to ban my account on the following tuesday, i thought nothing of it as the game was friendly mockery with the worst thing being said "How does it feel to suck a game you developed...p.s remove soraka"

All in good fun.

The following day she had her "real" team come and skrim us in a match to decide who was better...needless to say playing some of the top ranked EOL players we got stomped...thats an understatement...DESTROYED! That should have been enough to quelch the issue, but no i log on today to find i cannot access my account and checked my email which read my account is banned until 2050....TWENTY FIFTY! Ha.

If my situation was soooooo terrrible, why not suspend the account for 72 hours, some kind of slap on the wrist...a perma ban for an active/donating/veteran player is ridiculous.

Please spare me the hassle of leveling up with ignorant level 1's its a tough world out there.

As far as Dev's go...no one can really know if you are really a GAME DESIGNER...and people impersonate all the time..."Reported this, reported that."

Please reconsider...im sure any veteran would agree that such a substatial BAN rather than suspension is completely over the top.

p.s we want a re-match scrub.

EDIT: On a side note, not that this applies to me...but there is also a profanity filter built into the system. Use it.

Perhaps in the future "MATURE" servers should be looked into.

EDIT2: Shurelia, i did not think our banter was going to be taken this far...heck we even played a game the following day in which you DESTROYED our team...That was humiliation enough. Removing me from a game when i have worked so hard to attain my status is harsh. Im sorry you were so deeply offended...and as far as the "C" word i didnt even know you were a girl until the following day...IF i even said.

Point here being, dont have an elitest of LoL banned for such a trivial dispute amongst gamers...It all adds to the spirit of the game.

In the future i will tone it down...whether it be on a new account or *fingers crossed* my original.

<3

Wazootymaster

06-02-2010

Protip: Don't be a jerk. Just because you find it funny does not mean 99.9% of other players do.

I wish more people got banned for this kind of thing.

Fuz2o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Haha, are you the team that got crushed by AoN? I +1'd you because I don't want this thread to die.

Also, Riot bans people for being a ******. Most of us like that.

MrPlue

06-02-2010

very one sided post... with no screen shot... and calling people out... and didnt even post the email. Cya in 2050

EveryTimeV

06-02-2010

This issue seems like something you'd send to Riot, rather than post it on the forums.

But at the same time, I'm not sure that would help.

Bogysaurusrex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

you got banned for being an ass? cool story bro

ChecKsixX

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazootymaster View Post
Protip: Don't be a jerk. Just because you find it funny does not mean 99.9% of other players do.

I wish more people got banned for this kind of thing.

A jerk? Most pro players understand that this game entails lots of MIND GAMES within each match...juking people, false movements, as well as verbal distraction. As long as it falls within "pwnt noob" catagories it should be fine.

InsanityPotion

06-02-2010

The "report a player" system is exactly why HoN will succeed competitively over LoL. No one wants to be babysat and have to give out warm fuzzies all the time. You don't get kicked out of any sport for trash talking unless you're in a church league.

LoL, the church league of gaming?

xXCFXx Odin

06-02-2010

If you honestly got banned, and you arent just trolling, then I'm completely against your ban. Un-ban this man. I've had instances where something like this has happened to me in previous games I've played and I really wish I had people to back me. I will not stand for injustice, and as a man who has payed for RP on this game as well, I can say if this happened to me, I'd want justice! Un-ban him! (if it's true)

Rattly

06-02-2010

You should have known that attacking the epeen of a tryhard would cause some pretty hardcore nerdrage.

1234511 ... 12