[Champion Concept] Raol The Painweaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agrippa

09-22-2011

Was taking a break between projects and did up this concept and art for fun.

Raol the Painweaver:

Role: Fighter,Mage

Lore:
Raol is the only male child born in a generation to a tribe of nomadic forest witches. As such he was subjected vigorous and painful torment on a daily bases. This was done in order to mold him into what his people called a Painweaver. This processes has tempered his body to with stand a great deal of punishment making him a lot more durable in combat then one would expect from looking at him. One day Raol was undergoing a particularly brutal ritual when something in him changed. He could still feel the pain but it no longer hurt, in fact it actually began to feel good to him. He thought that he should share his new gift with the witches around him, so he released a massive torrent of energy derived from pain stored in his body. Those Closest to him died instantly while others died slow agonizing deaths. The few witches that survived revere Raol
as lord of their clan, but they dare not go anywhere near him.

Raol only takes joy in suffering. He is not concerned about what side of a conflict
he is on as long as he is able to hurt someone, preferably some one strong. He has been known to wander into the middle of raging battle fields and ally with which ever side is losing, only because seeing the realization and horror in the eyes of warriors that were so sure of their own victory gives him great satisfaction.

Abilities:

Passive- Sadist: Raol takes joy in the suffering of others. Upon attacking a cursed target, Raols melee attacks amplify pain dealing additional magic damage.

Curse of Zugzwang: Raol curses a single target for 5 seconds slightly decreasing armor and magic resist and leaving a mark on the ground where the curse started. When the curse ends the target takes magic damage that increases drastically the further away from the curse mark they are.

Curse of Corneille: Raol curses an enemy champion for 4 seconds placing a visible mark overhead of the cursed Champion. The next ability the champion uses will break the curse but will stun them for 1.5 seconds. If the champion abstains from using an ability they will take magic damage at the end of the curse that increases with the % of their max health they are missing.

Curse of Misery: Raol curses a single target for 5 seconds dealing magic damage over time. (Loves Company) If a target afflicted with Curse of Misery drops below 50% health the curse will spread to two other nearby targets (Only once per cast)

Threshold: Raol releases a torrent of pain from his body in a wide radius dealing magic damage stunning enemies caught in it for .5 seconds and slowing their movement speed by 30% for 1.5 seconds. The magic damage is increased by the % of Raols max health he has lost.

Megamanky

09-27-2011

Whoa really nice art

supyoscn

09-27-2011

That Great good job man...I hope you don't mind but I put this up at www.thedailyleague.com. Really thought it was cool.

Kloroform

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

This is a brilliant champ, I really hope riot takes a look at this. This is one of the few champs I've seen on this board I'd actually insta buy. Just curious though, where did you get the name for the Curse of Zuwzwang and the the Curse of Corneille? They words seem a bit off from the normal wording for most league champs and sound pretty cool.

Also, whats the scaling going to be like? How durable are you going to make him in melee?

Agrippa

09-28-2011

Zugzwang is a gaming term usually applied to chess where a player is put at a disadvantage because they are forced to move when they would prefer not to move.

Corneille is based on the term Cornelian dilemma which is a situation where a person must decide between two courses of action in which both outcomes are unfavorable in some way.

He would imagine he would be about as durable as the average melee fighter, like xin or lee sin, so he would need some spell vamp or life steal to stay in a fight and really use his passive. I haven't had time to think of the scaling in detail, but maybe some other day I'll update it with more details or tweaks to the abilities.

CaliOGkush

09-28-2011

I like this, alot. Do it.

Mit213

09-28-2011

Just amazing, I'd love this kind of champion in LoL.

Mit213 - This way I can search me and follow this epic champion's thread