How to Win at Dominion: Control the Windmill

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ACD

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIllIIllIIllII View Post
You can have the Windmill all you want.

Thanks for the 4 other points.
Enjoy trying to control my base wen i have a 2 second walk to the turret and u have a 30 second walk. Skill being equal it will be easy for us to hold/retake our base turrets and while you fight an uphill battle we'll be foccused ont he windmill.

Qaladan

09-22-2011

It doesn't matter how to win, what us being unable to play it!

Now some tips for co-op vs. bots... That'd be helpful.

GrindyMcGrindy

09-22-2011

5 capped the enemy team yesterday for a minute or two. That 5 cap is worth it as the enemy nexus takes a crapload of damage.

Darksyde102985

09-22-2011

Yea I hate seeing my team get a 3 cap then immediately rush to their points just to die and let the enemy retaliate with a strong 4 cap that we can't break -.-. Real depressing.

EmpReb

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
The only way to win at Dominion..

is to nerf Irelia.
UGgg people are now trolling that Irelia is oped......

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Early in the game, this is really true. Just a bit later though and respawn timers are longer and you can afford to 4-cap if the opportunity comes up (a lot of players dead on the other team).

Mahbubalij

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIllIIllIIllII View Post
You can have the Windmill all you want.

Thanks for the 4 other points.
You cannot control the points right next to our spawning pool for any significant length of time unless you so hopelessly outmatch us that the game is already lost. Can. Not. That's the point of this thread. You have to control the neutral point because rushing into the other team's gimme points is a waste of time.

Blitz Kranky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

My fastest win was in 6 minutes 47 seconds or so. Was a 5-capper and we pinned them in the base.

Buchi1324

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaquin View Post
This reminds me of my CoD playing days. When playing domination NEVER take all 3 points, instead let them have one point and trap them there for the whole game. I think this tactic works in dominion aswell. In the case of dominion it's letting the opposing team have 2 and your team have 3.
duh read what he said thats what he meant theres no reason to try and take more then 3 unless ur really dominating...and truthfully they have to come out 2 spots when they spawn u get an ace or a quad or even a 3 kill your team can keep them pinned in while one person gets the rest of the spots (i see this being trouble soon spawn camping in LOL whoda thunk it possible lol)

ACD

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisid View Post
Early in the game, this is really true. Just a bit later though and respawn timers are longer and you can afford to 4-cap if the opportunity comes up (a lot of players dead on the other team).
Absolutely. When Im defending either bot or the windmill I always look for a chance to get the 4th turret. But the key is only do it if you know its undefended or you have a clear mismatch.