Best hero for safe long disatnce nuking?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noodle0117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-02-2010

In dota, they had Zeus, thunder god guy who has an entire set of heavy damage targeted long range nuke spells as abilities. He was one of the easier heroes to play because as long as you can press one button and click on an enemy, you were contributing to the team.
So just wondering if there are any heroes similar to the guy i just mentioned above where you have lots of powerful spells which have long range and are easy to aim.
I find that most caster heroes either have low range or hard to aim spells.
Maybe I just haven't met enough heroes yet.
So any hero recommendations?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

Senior Member

06-02-2010

Hmm, most of the heroes I can think of with significant range are skillshots (eg, Janna's howling gale). Might give Annie a try, she has high damage potential and her tibbers isn't to hard to aim. Just get her stun up and drop tibbers on them and you'll do good damage and stun them (always useful in a team fight). Even here though, you'll want to use her other abilities to follow up on the stun.

Truthfully, i can't think of any chamapion off the top of my head which is as simple as a spammable long range nuke.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nyttyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-02-2010

Well, the closest I'd say to "powerful long range nuke" would have to be Ashe's ult, enchanted frost arrow. She also has the second best range (first best until tristina hits level 7), and her slow is pretty annoying. She's also pretty easy, but thusly has a stigma of being a "Ez mode noob champ".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TataLor

Junior Member

06-02-2010

Ashe is indeed a very good hero for new players. Just look at the guide section for her. There is no "ez mode noob champ" when your Ashe pwns Tier 4 champs like there's no tomorrow. Her nuke is a spray of arrows , that when maxed, has a 4 sec cd Can you say, ABUSE? Have fun man, I play her and she's very effective.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edwy

The Council

06-02-2010

Lich is the most similar to Zeus, Lich has strong nuking abilities (his ult is exactly the same as Zeus). However, he is kind of hard for new players starting out and he does cost 6300 IP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

Senior Member

06-02-2010

Ashe's arrow is a skillshot and hard to land from a distance (especially for a new player). It's a fun ulti, but takes skill to land at anything other than point blank range and her damage with it isn't as high as with other nukers. Other than that though, she does have decent range and volley is always useful.

Karthus (Lich) does have a global ult which does good damage. His lay waste is spammable and has good range as well, but the delay means it can be difficult to hit opponents with it. Worth giving him a look when he comes up on free rotation, but I'd hold off on buying him until you've had a chance to try him, dude is expensive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kmacc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-02-2010

The 2 best champions that fit your discription of long ranged nukers would be karthus (the lich) and ezreal. I consider ezreal fitting this discription because he has 2 abilities which have a fairly long range that are also fairly spammable (one of them being a heal mind you) and his ult is a global cone nuke.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
Ashe's arrow is a skillshot and hard to land from a distance (especially for a new player). It's a fun ulti, but takes skill to land at anything other than point blank range and her damage with it isn't as high as with other nukers. Other than that though, she does have decent range and volley is always useful.

Karthus (Lich) does have a global ult which does good damage. His lay waste is spammable and has good range as well, but the delay means it can be difficult to hit opponents with it. Worth giving him a look when he comes up on free rotation, but I'd hold off on buying him until you've had a chance to try him, dude is expensive.
On that note, does anyone know the range of Ashe's ult skill? I've had an instance on Summoner's Rift where I was at the top and the Ashe on my team was at the middle pathway. While I was fighting the Ashe on the opposing side, a gigantic frost arrow came out of nowhere and nailed her even though the Ashe on my team was clearly still in the middle pathway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

Senior Member

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
On that note, does anyone know the range of Ashe's ult skill? I've had an instance on Summoner's Rift where I was at the top and the Ashe on my team was at the middle pathway. While I was fighting the Ashe on the opposing side, a gigantic frost arrow came out of nowhere and nailed her even though the Ashe on my team was clearly still in the middle pathway.
Ashe's arrow is global, it can travel from one side of the map to the other.

Other global ults (no range limitations):

Karthus: Deal damage to ALL champions regardless of position
TF: reveals all champions position, allows for a teleport to anywhere on the map
Pantheon: Can land his Skyfall anywhere on the map (effectively an AOE damage + teleport)
Shen: places shield on shen and allied champion, teleports to allied champion
Ezreal: Like Ashe, ult travels across the map


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theostru

Senior Member

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
Ashe's arrow is global, it can travel from one side of the map to the other.

Other global ults (no range limitations):

Karthus: Deal damage to ALL champions regardless of position
TF: reveals all champions position, allows for a teleport to anywhere on the map
Pantheon: Can land his Skyfall anywhere on the map (effectively an AOE damage + teleport)
Shen: places shield on shen and allied champion, teleports to allied champion
You forgot Ezreal.


12