When I see Ryze as the enemy's main caster...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whyumai

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Visage View Post
I lol.

Ryze's spell flux got nerfed again in the last patch

Sure, the stats are nice... but I don't build Ryze as a DPS to begin with. About the biggest thing here is the armor increase, which is good for Ryze, but it's not what I was looking for.

Before, you could actually kill somebody with Spell Flux by reducing the enemy's MR to 36, now all spell flux does is create pretty animation. The MR reducing capability has been reduced by nearly 60% for a single champion, and that's all Ryze was good for before.

Keep in mind, that this is pre nerf nerf nerf, if I remember correctly, Ryze was nerfed 3 times before this one.

Is this a real nerf? With the stat increases, no, but I'll take my Morgana and Malhazar before I choose Ryze again. Morgana contributes strong stuns, slows, MR debuffs, and CC cleanses to the team. Malhazar does huge damage at a safe distance, has amazing pushing power, can gank anybody, and even with cleanse, is still a beast spell caster.

What does Ryze contribute to team fights now? Well, he can fire is spell flux... and pray that it hits each champion once to provide max MR debuff.

Please, Riot, Ryze used to be fun to play. Now when I see him on the other team, I can already see an easy win for me. Not that I see him that much, he's been nerfed to oblivion and nobody except low ELO players play him.

Edit: Down voted even though everybody agrees with me? o_0

<3 you, too, trolls
clearly riot wants you to build ryze as AD.

'nuff said.

Mysterial

06-02-2010

They need to make the AoE effects better so Ryze can be more AoE burst and less a version of Annie with no stun, no minion and shorter range.

Ovis

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Visage View Post
Malhazar does huge damage at a safe distance, has amazing pushing power, can gank anybody, and even with cleanse, is still a beast spell caster.
melee = safe distance?

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post
I think you have poor experience with ryze players and don't really know what you are talking about. 20 pen isn't as significant when ALL pen got nerfed.
Actually this spell does magic resist reduction, not magic pen, so the nerf to magic pen would not have affected this at all. Magic resist reduction was always applied first.

Floatzel

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokel85 View Post
Actually this spell does magic resist reduction, not magic pen, so the nerf to magic pen would not have affected this at all. Magic resist reduction was always applied first.
Ah you are correct.
okay 20 missing pen. That is like the difference between spell fluxing a soraka or spell fluxing anyone else. I still do not think it is tremendous. Ryze still has a high capability to completely melt a single champ or a team with just one spell and his ult.

PrimalHatred

06-02-2010

Just in case you weren't absolutely positive that it was stupid to pick him over Annie or Fiddles, Riot has been nice enough to clarify for us. Bye, Ryze.

Lost Visage

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalHatred View Post
Just in case you weren't absolutely positive that it was stupid to pick him over Annie or Fiddles, Riot has been nice enough to clarify for us. Bye, Ryze.
+1'd

Mjollnir

06-02-2010

Ryze needs his old passive auto-attack back! Battle Ryze could make a beastly hybrid!

eSPee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

His passive should increase his AP by 15/20%.